PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Festive Frolics - part 3

dlpmikki
11-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Sunday 23rd November
The accommodation at Marriott Grande Vista is in two bedroom units that will “lock off” into the one bedroom (such as we have) and a studio. The internal layout reminds us a bit of DVC resorts built after OKW but seems a bit bigger. For example, there is space for a proper dining table and 6 chairs.

Mikki has her first tennis lesson at 8.30am. One small touch we like about Marriott is that they not only supply a “starter” pack of coffee, they also provide a generous supply of coffee filters.

Immediately after the tennis, we have an appointment with the Marriott people who want to sell my humans another week of timeshare. The incentive is that we get 100 Disney Dollars at the end. The salesman is thorough and does seem good at directing his pitch at things my humans are interested in. They are interested to know how they can use the “Marriott Points” they are accumulating and he does offer some suggestions. Now I’m just a toy cat and don’t understand world economics but I think I can see the salesman’s problem. He can put together what look like great deals for using Marriott Points to get things like hotel rooms and airline flights. What he can’t say is what these will cost in the next year or so if you just go out and buy them. A lot of people will expect some heavy discounting.

Anyway, armed with our 4 Disney gift certificates for $25 each, we decide it may be late morning but it is high time we visited the Magic Kingdom. It is busy. There are long lines for everything but we time things right to get into Philharmagic with only a short wait. It is a long time (if ever) since we have seen this theatre full and the atmosphere is very special when you can see so many people enjoying it.

We spend a little time in Toontown (60 minute wait to meet Tinker Bell). There is even a 40 minute wait for Goofy’s Barnstormer. Mikki likes this ride – but has got accustomed to walking on and riding twice.

We walk on through Tomorrowland. Mikki buys some things in Star Traders. She says her main purpose was just to check that the gift certificates really had the credit on them (well, one did – but doesn’t any more).

Tonight, the humans go to eat at Bahama Breeze. Again, they go early and manage to walk in. Things look very different by the time they leave.

Monday 24th November
Mikki has another tennis lesson – but today it is at 10.30am so we can all have a lie in (an extra cuddle for us toys). Then it’s going to be a “non-park” day so Mikki drives to Florida Mall.

After a food court lunch, the humans check out the Disney store and the Disney collectables at Clinton Cards.

Next, we are making for Wal-Mart on Sand Lake Road so Mikki can top up her Tracfone. She misses a turning and we discover a new collectables store. Mikki buys a couple of Mickeys. Then we find Wal-Mart.

Tuesday 25th November
Mikki plays tennis for 2 hours starting at 800am. While she was having her lesson yesterday, the coach was trying to fix a session with two other people. After they didn’t like various suggestions, Mikki offered to make up a four. Everyone agreed (and it meant Mikki got an extra hour free of charge).

We go to the Studios (the one park we haven’t visited yet). Mikki really liked Toy Story Mania but was rather spoiled when she rode it in May so decides a 90 minute wait is not for us. My humans get one of their favourite Disney snack lunches: pulled pork sandwiches at Studio Catering.

We visit the Animation Courtyard. The neat rows of strollers testify to how busy the park is. Inside the Animation Building, they have characters from the new film, “Bolt”. The line has closed so I don’t get my picture with them but I do get out to notice one of them is a back and white cat (more black than Figaro). Well, if they can have him as a character in the park, why not Figaro?

Mickey Mouse is also now in the Animation Building.

We wander through the park some more before the humans decide to leave and go to the Marketplace. In World of Disney, they see a large figure of Tinker Bell with a silver ball. I think it is a garden ornament and we saw (and rejected) it during the Flower and Garden Festival. It was sufficiently old stock that WoD’s computer system didn’t even recognise it! It comes in a huge box (which may be why we rejected it in May). Watch this space, as my humans still have to work out how to get it home.

We get salads from Puck Express and go back to Grand Vista for the evening.

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Boy, you guys are managing to keep real busy, even playing tennis in between your park visits!
Sounds like a wonderful time!

laward32
11-29-2008, 03:40 PM
You got a lot done. Love hearing about your adventures. Can't wait to read more about you and your humans. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
11-29-2008, 05:06 PM
It's nice that you have such a long trip - it affords you the opportunity to tour at a very relaxed pace!

JPL
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Figaro did you get to spend any of the Gift Certificates? It seems your humans are having all the fun :(

pdrlkr
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
12-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
12-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the report! It sounds like you are all having a great time.

DizNee143
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
another great couple of days...:mickey:

disneydrmr
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a lot more fun! Sorry a ride on Toy Story Mania was not in the cards this time... that really is an awesome ride!

offwego
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
That's a great deal of tennis for your humans.

What a great report to read as you get a wonderful sense of all the things one can do if one takes it easy while your doing it.

magickingdom67
12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Sounds like a busy but easy paced few days. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

dtootsie42
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Another great couple of days! Thanks for sharing!

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds like another great few days.