View Full Version : Twins and mimi's first trip report Nov. 14-21

Twinsowner
11-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Cast

Me 40
wife 33
twin DD almost 3
mom 63

After going the last 3 years with just the wife and I we had been looking forward to this trip for a while now. Couldnt wait to see the girls expressions upon seeing the characters and especially the princesses. They watch them constantly!! we spent 7 nights at the fantastic POFQ and I was treated to a surprise upon arrival. We had a standard room with the only request to be near the bus stop. They asked me if I would like a water view even though it was a small walk. I agreed and boy what a great room it was . Right on the water just down from the boat launch. Super free upgrade!!!!! The resort was half empty so I dont think it cost them anything. Other than being a little chilly (low 40's) every single thing during the trip was fantastic. For those of you who think the magic is gone, I DISAGREE!!!!! All you had to do was see those girls faces every time we saw Snow White and Belle and you would agree. Every body was super nice and friendly and I honestly cannot remember a single thing that went wrong. My wife and mom spent weeks making the girls outfits for every day with a theme to match the park we were at. The characters and princesses made a big deal out of them and really made the girls ( wife and mom included ) feel special. Saw the space shuttle launch at DD, what a bonus!!

Overall impression is that Nov is an awesome time to go. Very low wait times for any ride. We walked on almost everything all week. The parks did seem crowded at times (nights for sure) but wait times were 0. We did the deluxe dining plan and boy did we eat some delicous meals. will try to give you a rundown of them

Rainforest Cafe: Everyone loved the atmosphere, although the gorillas scared the kids at first. We ahd chicken salad, coconut shrimp and I had a BBQ wrap. Food wqs better this time than last year. A little pricy but overall a good exp. B+

Tuto Italia: WOW!!!!! always enjoyed the old italy one but theis one was much better. Everything was Awesome. Wife and I had Ceasar salads and Lasagna. Mom had some kind of eggplant dish. Portions were large and this turned out to be our 2nd favorite meal of the week. A++++

LeCellier: Once again did not dissapoint. Atmosphere quiet and relaxing and it could be with 3 year old twins!! All had filet and cheese soup except I had the spicy andouille appetizer and boy is it good of you like spicy food. Server was not the best one we have had there(kind of timid) but she was not bad by any means. A+

Cinderellas castle Lunch: If there was one slipup this trip it was here. Not completely Disneys fault but a meal we could have done without. Girls were sleepy and in a bad mood . Pictures and character interaction was very good. no problem there. We just didnt enjoy the food. Everythig seemed like an attempt to serve fine cuisine in a mass production method. The macaroni that was given to the children was not even edible. No sauce of any kind on it and it was cold. Just plain mac and cheese noodles. And the adult food looked good but had very little flavor. Need some major spiceing up. We came for the princesses so it really didnt matter to us but I was just letting you now for the purpose of the report.
Experience B+ Food C-

Liberty Tree Character supper: Big surprise here. We had only done lunch in years past and loved it but this was a great character meal. Food was plentiful and delicous. had the salads, meat platters, mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple pie/ice cream for dessert. the character were awesome. Very attentive and spent a lot of time with us.
A++

Tusker House lunch: another surprise here. We didnt care for Boma last trip so were skeptical. Turned out everyone really enjoyed the food and especially the kids. Tried several different dishes we would not normally eat and almost all of them were good. really enjoyed the spiced pork and beef. Will definately return.
A-

Flying Fish Cafe: I may offend some people here but I must admit this was one of our worst meals. appetizer crab cake was unbelievably good but the rest was just so so. Signature poatato wrapped snapper was a little fishy tasting and wifes New York strip was drastically undercooked and bland. Desserts were ok. Took 2 1/2 hours to eat. Main complaint is that this place is EXTREMELY loud! Way too loud for an enjoyable family meal. Not saying I will never return because we love the boardwalk area but will certainly have to consider other things first.
Food B other D

50's Prime time: Hehe mom loved this place. We actually saw decorations that were similar to things in our house when I was a kid. Food is great. Fried chicken, roast beef are reminders of home and the ice cream is plentiful. Oh and the crab cakes arent bad either!! our server this time wasnt really into the role playing but she was good.
grade: A

Brown Derby: First time here. Very pleased. nice clean appearance. excellent service. Had the duck and sausage, others went with the Cobb salad. Signature grapefruit cake for dessert and it was a nice surprise. I think everyone was pleased although not the overall favorite. Grade B+

Akershus princess breakfast: Really enjoyed this. My girls like Belle better than Cindy anyway so we are probably a little partial. Food was good and plentiful. I will say that the walk from the front of epcot at 8 am with 40 degree weather and 25 mph winds was not fun. Maybe they should provide some type of shuttle for this before park opening. Not sure I would like to eat lunch here looking at the menu but breakfast was very good.
Grade A

Columbia Harbour House: Mimi told us how good the fish was here years ago so we decided to give it a try . Bad Idea. Only good thing about this place is that they have sweet iced tea!! Fish patties are not even as good as a captain D's. grade D

Last but not least:

Narcoossees: our favorite and our 4th trip here. 5:30 ressises before the MVMCP. Sane as usual. Best crab cakes anywhere! The slaw under them and the sauce go together so well. We all had them. All had the surf and turf also. If there is a better meal in all of Disney world we have not seen it. Cooked perfectly and melts in your mouth. Great service and atmosphere!!! Much quieter than California Grill and in my opinion a better view of the castle.
Grade A+++++
Thats it for the food. Will return late for the rest of the report!!!

faline
11-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Glad you had a good trip! Even though some of your meals weren't as enjoyable as others, it sounds like you had lots of yummy food!

pdrlkr
11-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

hoosiermickey
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Great Info!! Thank you so much!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Sounds like your twins were adorable in their themed outfits. Bet you took lots of pictures! We had the opposite experience at our CRT lunch, we went for the princesses too, but were pleasantly suprised over our delicious lunch. Thanks for your report, your trip sounds wonderful!

pink
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds like you had some good meals.

For those of you who think the magic is gone, I DISAGREE!!!!!

I agree. It's still there. :mickey:

laward32
11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Sounded yummy. Can't wait to read more. Congrats for the free upgrade.:mickey:

Twinsowner
11-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Glad to hear your experience was good at the castle Mousketeer mom. I figured maybe we just had a bad day. Certainly wont keep us from going again next year because they loved seeing the princesses. there are plenty of snacks around to keep our bellies full!!

vizsla
11-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

illini
11-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a perfect trip! I agree-- magic is most definitely still there.

DizNee143
12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
sounds like a great and yummy (lol) trip you had with your family..:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the report, we think the magic's still there too

tinkerbell04
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the twins' first trip!