PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten

jakeybake
11-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Biergarten is the only place I could get ADR's for the Candlelight Procession the week I am there (12/14-12/18).

Has anyone eaten there and if so what did you think? Very low on my list of where I wanted to eat and basically made the ADR's because I had no other choice.

I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy and hate seafood just so you know!

Thanks,
Jay

Scott C
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I think you will like it--plenty to choose from. We have started going there every trip. I am a fan of the roast pork. Plenty of choices for a meat & potatoes guy -- trust me

Thanks
Scott C

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
You will love it! There is plenty to choose from, lots of different meats, great potato salad, we really enjoyed it. Desserts are good too, don't worry about it, it is a good choice!

SBETigg
11-28-2008, 03:29 PM
You're in luck that it's not a seafood kind of place. Meat, potatoes, noodles, salads, sausages, sausages, sausages, and some tasty desserts. The atmosphere is really lovely, like a Bavarian village at night. The band makes it a lot of fun. The food, not my favorite, very heavy foods. Once was enough, but I'm glad I tried it once. It's worth a visit.

faline
11-28-2008, 05:22 PM
We ate here a couple of months ago after only one other try and that was years ago. The atmostphere was quite nice - you share tables with others if your party isn't large enough to fill the entire table. Unfortunately, our table mates ignored us or it might have been more fun. The show, though short, is quite nice.

The food, however, I found to be just average. I wouldn't rush back here for another meal.

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2008, 08:25 AM
I think you'll be happy with your choice! Plenty of meat on the buffet. Sausages, veal, chicken, noodles, potatoes..the band is fun, there was dancing by those who wanted to join in. 2 of my kids loved it, my oldest was overcome by the smell of saurkraut and hated the place, but don't judge anything by her! We are returning in March, my DD who will be turning 3 choose Biergarten for her BD dinner. It was a fun dining experience!

Disney Doll
11-30-2008, 08:07 AM
We really love Biergarten. It's a buffet so you can sample a little bit of everything without worrying that you'll order something you hate. They have a lot to chose from and I can't imagine not finding something you like (plenty of meat and potatoes). The ompa band makes for a fun atmosphere and the restaurant is just beautiful inside.

Diz-Knee
11-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is a favorite spot for our family and we also enjoy the live show. My son loves the chicken dance! My family is the meat and potatoes type too.

kakn7294
11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
We ate there last year and really liked it. The food can be heavy but there's plenty to choose from and it's suitable for a meat 'n potatoes kinda guy. While it may not end up being your favorite meal, I do think you will enjoy it. Our table-mates ignored us as well but that was okay with us. The band was awesome - lots of fun! Have a great time!

kathiep
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
If you're a meat and potatoes guy, you should really enjoy Biergarten. Plus, IMO, the atmosphere is one of the best.

love2teach
11-30-2008, 01:24 PM
If you like meat and potatoes-you'll get lots at the Biergarten! My husband and brother loved it-it was too rich for me! You have to go for the atmosphere at least once!:cheers:

jakeybake
12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all of the help!

I'm going to give it a shot. I will be flying solo this trip at a work conference so it makes it easier for me to try new things. Plus a buffet allows me to pick and choose what I want!

Thanks again to all who weighed in! You guys are the best!

Jay