PDA

View Full Version : Second week of December

epceddie
11-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Is the second week of December a good time to visit?
How are the crowds? Are there any special events going on?
Any help from anyone who has visited at this time in the past will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Strmchsr
11-28-2008, 01:25 PM
The crowds are much heavier than they used to be, but still not horrible.

If Pop Warner happens to be that week (it's usually the first or second week) that can make the value resorts obnoxious, but not a lot of park impact.

Yes, there's a ton of special events, such as the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. There's too much to list here so I suggest you check the holiday section of Info Central for all the details.

mrmcgiv
11-28-2008, 07:27 PM
HI we are going that same week. I have inquired previously and have heard that the crowds are not too bad. That it begins to pick up the next week and is more crowded then. It IS in fact Pop Warner days..I think for 12/6 thru 12/12 or 12/13. I got the same feednack as above that the park crown impact is not too bad..there may be some cheerleaders doing cheers in line etc but not too crowded. We are at CSR so I am hoping there is no overflow there with the Pop Warner crowd. Good Luck

mudpuppysmom
11-29-2008, 12:55 PM
We've been before during this time period and are going again in about a week (Dec 9).

I will attest that the parks are not really impacted by Pop Warner kids too much.

Crowds were OK, but as others have said, crowds have been higher as of late --Not summer crowds, but not dead either.

We have explored several resorts for their holiday displays and my DS#1 enjoyed doing that -- he liked the carousel at BC and the train exhibit at YC I think the best. The gingerbread house though you should really see!! The GF lobby is quite a site if you ask me with a HUGE tree decorated and the gingerbread house there. I took a picture of DS in front of the xmas tree and he looked like a speck next to it (he was four then).

If you are from a colder climate you will enjoy Disney at this time of year, especially if you are escaping snow, ice, frigid temps!! Although it is a bit strange to see holiday decorations without snow.....but something I might be able to get used to if we moved somewhere warmer!

epceddie
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the help.