PDA

View Full Version : Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!

ShelbyAD
11-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Ok - who is or has gone out shopping today? We are leaving in about 30 minutes (it's currently 5:20am). Home Depot has a $200 pre-lit LED tree on sale for $50. So we are going there first (they open at 6am). Then off to Sam's Club for free b'fast and get decorations for the tree. DH, myself & the DSDs are going to those 2 places together.

Then me & DSDs are going shopping everywhere. Don't know what we will buy yet. A few of the places we are going to is: JoAnn's, Wal-Mart, Big Lots!, the mall - we'll see what time it is then determine if we: A - have any money left, B - still have enough energy to continue shopping or C - just go home.

It should be an interesting day.

VWL Mom
11-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Did all my black friday shopping online this morning. Started at 530A and was done by 7A. Extra bonus was cash back from ebates. :cloud9:

May run to the furniture store to check out their sale this afternoon. My family room couch is looking very sad. :(

DisneyFreak23
11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Went out to Sams (got nothing), starbucks, and gamecrazy. It was really funny because the store opened at 7:00. we got there at 6:10 ish, but there were only a few cars in the parking lot. ..then around 625 a lady opened her car door and it was a mad rush to the door. I was first :) and we got our WiiFit. so i was happy.

conorsmom2000
11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I did a lot of my shopping online yesterday morning because there were a lot of deals going on. But, this morning I headed out at 6 am to go to Target to get just a few things - the parking lot was packed but I got what I wanted and was home in an hour. Mike headed out at 7:30 to go to Kohl's and that place is a zoo - Mike and his brothers are moving his Dad to a new apt (after a 2nd round of bed bugs at his current one!!! ewww! :sick: ) so Mike needed to buy him all new bedding, bathroom stuff, etc., etc.. So, he couldn't afford to pass up Kohl's deals - but, last I talked to him, he'd been on line for over an hour! Poor guy.....

But, the good news is I'm done with Mike and 90% done with Conor - now to just attack the rest of my list!! :mickey:

J9
11-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Went out early with my dad. There were not really good deals that jumped out at us. I did much better online!

I feel cheated. I guess the stores are hoping to sell stuff at the higher price. I have a feeling the really big deals will be on 12/26.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Mickeys_princess and I have been out since 10:00 P.M. last night! (We took a nap for a couple of hours, then headed to the Gulfport Outlet mall for the Midnight Madness event.) There was this "Be the first 500 people in pajamas and win a pajama set thing..." When we went to exit there were at least a couple of hundred cars trying to get off the interstate, and the parking lots were FULL at midnight! Got in, wore lightup Mickey PJ's, had a ball, and got lots of deals! Then headed back to our hometown and hit several more stores, where apparently there was not a pajama thing going on, so we got lots of looks.;) Finished off the day at Cracker Barrel, and we are calling it a day at 10:30 A.M. Friday. Celebrated my birthday right! :shop: :faint:

kakn7294
11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
DH and I got up at 4a, were at BestBuy by 4:55a, and back in the car at 5:25a with what we wanted. We also went to KMart, Staples, Circuit City, JCPenneys, Macy's, Borders, Sears, Game Stop, and Toys R Us. We had breakfast out and were back home by 11:20a. We didn't get much but all in all, it was a decent morning for us.

RedSoxFan
11-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I went to the mall with DS16 and DS18. They got new phones at Verizon (theirs are not working); and I got D12 a phone for Christmas. Great deals. Also got what I needed at American Eagle, ACMoore, Best Buy and Target. I left at 7:30am and was home by 10am. Not too bad and it was not overly busy.

weswerx
11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
All I can say is you're all crazy...but I still love ya' all!
I just got out of bed about an hour ago (about 10:00)...I don't mind missing out on those sales, in exchange for sleep.
Congratulations to all who got a great deal.
:shop::santa3:

Now, it's time for a little elf bowling...see ya later
:elf:

Stitchahula
11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Haven't got any shopping done myself. I spent the morning running from 1 doctors appointment to another. All I can say is peoples driving today is scarey. On the way to My sons doctors appt. we saw an accident where someone was taken away in an ambulance then leaving the doctors about an hour later there had been an accident right in front of the building again someone was being loaded into the ambulance. It seems like people are in such a rush they are crashing into eachother. Drive safely everyone no sale is good enough to end up at the hospital.

hokies4life
11-28-2008, 04:17 PM
We were up around 3:15, and leaving around 3:45 to get to JCPenney and get our free snowglobe and shop some. Checked in at Kohl's but it was too crazy there to wait for the one thing we wanted, got some breakfast from the mall food court that had opened up early, then headed to Wal-Mart. We had to wait in the line that snaked around the parking lot, around the fence, and then into the parking lot next door. We worked our way through there and left with a ton of things before going to Staples for a new 4-in-1 printer, copier, scanner, fax machine. By this time it was around 6:30/7 and we tried Toys'R'Us but everything I wanted was already gone, and went to Target where we got a few more things.

We didn't finally get a break until about 1pm, when we got some naps, but we've been going like all day long.

This was my first Black Friday going out so early in the morning, but I think we did pretty good. I went with DBF and DBFs parents, who are seasoned Black Friday shoppers. Not to mention DBF used to work Black Friday at Wal-mart and knew where they normally put everything we wanted.

pixiesmimi
11-28-2008, 10:40 PM
DD and I went out around 9:00 (I've done all of the early morning shopping in the past that I want to do. Not worth it.) Everything we wanted at Wal-Mart was gone by the time we got there but still got a few other things. The traffic was a nightmare heading to the malls. We shopped until about 5:00. We got some good deals but not all the things we went for. Maybe there will be more sales later or on line on Black Monday. The best deals we got were at Penney's. We got a leather coat for DGS reg. $65 for $16! Great deal! I think next year, I'll just sleep in and do my shopping on line. :D By the way, we didn't go near Kohl's because we were warned ahead of time.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I walked into Walmart about 615am and turned around and walked out. There was nothing I needed there that badly! I went to Target next, got what I wanted in about 30 minutes (only 1 person in front of me in line) went to Best Buy and was in and out in about 20 minutes (2 people ahead of me in line) then over to Sears for about 20 minutes (no one in line ahead of me) then over to JC Penney (no one in line). Then I went home and met Crazypoohbear and went to Natick with her. We went into Best Buy, didn't buy anything, then over to Kohls where we spent about an hour. There was a line there but it wasn't too bad. It was about 1045am by now. Then stopped at Lowe's, but the cabinet I wanted was gone, got Pointsettias and was home by about 1130am. And I'm all done except for 1 more present for my DNephew 19.

ShelbyAD
11-29-2008, 06:01 AM
The whole family went to Home Depot first thing when they opened at 6am. Got our Christmas tree. Then we headed to Sam's had their free b'fast and bought lights for our other (older) tree. Sam's did not have any deals.

Then me, & my 2 DSDs went to JoAnn's - got a great deal on their fleece - normally $7.99 on sale for $2.99 a yard. I bought 6 different colors/patterns to make scarves. Got an ornament for each DSD they were 60% off. Got a roll of wrapping paper for 99 cents! JoAnn's usually has great deals on Black Friday.

We then went to Wal-Mart. Nothing really for Christmas presents. Mainly got household items. I did get DH a new belt.

We then headed to Kohl's. OMG, we parked at the very back of the parking lot. I looked around a bit (the girls & I split up). OMG, the lines were sooooooooo long, I decided it was not worth it and we left.

Headed to the mall. Spent about 2 1/2 hours there. I got DH a new pair of slippers at JCP for $13.88 - normally $38.00

There was a Kiosk selling Egyptian Cotton sheets. I got 2 sets (full & Queen) of 600 Thread Count for $40!!!!!!!!!! The 400 count are $20 each. The 600 is $25 each or 2 for $40. I will go back and get a set for my mother. We gave her a set last year and she loved it and has been asking for another one ever since.

We can't spend alot of money this year. I just had a car service done - oil leak - and spent $300 on it. Guess what? It's still leaking and where the problem is - may end up costing us almost $1,000 (more) to fix it. :sob:

eeyorelover63
11-29-2008, 09:08 AM
i didnt go shopping but did anyone hear about the worker in Long Island at Wal-Mart who got trampled to death? that was terrible. the people pretty much took the doors of the hinges!