PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream.....

mudpuppysmom
11-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I thought I would share the dream I had last night....it is quite a doosey!!!

We are booked at AKL for Dec 10-16 and when my sister and all our kids went to check in the CM told me that there were no rooms to be had!

I looked at her and said, well you have to honor our reservation, so you have to come up with something. My sister just looked at me with utter disgust b/c her kids were SO excited to stay at AKL because of the animals.

The CM came out from "the back" and said we had two choices.....we could either go to the BC or the POLY, where did we want to go -- she would take care of transferring all our bags and get us pre checked in all we had to do was show up to get our room keys.

Well, my DS#1 heard the Poly and said "MOM, the WATERFALL hotel -- I want to stay at the waterfall hotel!!!!!!!!!!" He has been asking for about three years when we could stay there, so I thought about that for a minute.....right on the monorail for my nieces....MK right there for them, possibly an MK view (yeah right!), the beach to watch wishes and EWP plus MVMCP fireworks too!! I was tempted.

Then I thought about the BC!....I have wanted to stay there b/c of the proximity to Epcot and Stormalong Bay!! I thought the kids might like the themeing there better plus we were right there at Epcot -- no transportation needed plus the Boardwalk is there too for walking around at night for a stroll.

And then.....I woke up!

WOW what a dilemma to have, huh!

Just curious what everyone else would choose and why....I know resorts have been debated before, but if this were to ever happen to you what would you do.....I think that there are three great resorts represented here and for me it would be a really tough choice.

SBETigg
11-27-2008, 05:40 PM
What a great dream! I would choose the Polynesian. I love the MK area resorts and monorail so much that I haven't broken away to try other resorts much, even though the Beach Club looks like a good one to try at some point.

jennsky
11-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I would choose the BC just because my "secret" goal (don't tell my husband) is to stay at EVERY Disney resort at least once, and I was fortunate enough to stay at the Poly earlier this year (and I loved it by the way!). :mickey:

illini
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Fun dream!

I'd have to go with the Poly at this point. I really have no desire to stay anywhere else right now. The kids would love Stormalong Bay, though. We just still have that need to be close to the MK.

mouseketeer mom
11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm with the above poster. No desire to stay anywhere else but the Poly at this point. Nothing else compares for us.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I have never had the pleasure of staying at either but since it would be Dec. I would vote Poly. If it were a warmer month I might have gone BC because of stormalong.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I'd love to stay at the Poly but I think I'd go for the BC because I love staying in that area.

disneydeb
11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I have been thinking about this for a few days. And I have finally decided, Poly is right for me! I am beyond the need for Storm-a-long Bay. ;)

mrmcgiv
11-29-2008, 12:18 PM
BC, we waljed thoguhg last trip and my husband really wants to stay there. is trom along bay the pool? It looks awesome..even in Dec. Have fun and maybe you will have a dream come true!

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I have stayed at both places and they are both great. However, I would choose the Poly :tikki: over BC. The Monorail is just way too much of a convenience.

disneyworld55925592
11-30-2008, 05:07 PM
BC :) Walking into epcot at night eating around then world then casually strolling out without a crowd cannot be beat!