PDA

View Full Version : Needed to bounce idea off of people who understand

whymsycalwitch
11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Plans have been changed do to money and other horrible family things but I still managed to save at least 2 nights in Disney and 3 nights in Key West for my winter vacation.

The Disney part is my vacation and the Key West is DH. He has NEVER been to Disney and has managed to get out of going with me for the 9 years with been together. He doesn't get it but is sacrificing a few days for me. We only have one half day followed by one full day at the parks.

And unfortunately with the changes, I had to cancel all of my ADR's which I had made way back at the 180 day mark. So needless to say I was upset and concerned that with 45 days or so before we leave we wouldn't be able to get any new ADR's. I called last night and was surprised that there were some ADR's left just not necessarily where or when I wanted.

So this is my dilemma. We are arriving on Monday at noon and I hope to be at MK no later than 2pm. Specromagic is at 7pm and fireworks at 8pm. Then on Tuesday I planned on going to Epcot and then Wednesday we have the drive to Key West so no parks but I might be able to squeeze breakfast but I don't want to push my luck with DH.

I made an ADR for dinner at the Crystal Palace (since I couldn't get the Castle) but not sure if I want to go there or Liberty Tree which is my favorite restaurants on property, or at least it was till they took the characters away. I love their food. So not sure if I should do the character meal or the better food, I say better because the Crystal Palace is top on my list of restaurants too. I kind of want to torture DH (because he put me threw pure hell this week) by going to Crystal Palace with the characters but I really do love the food at Liberty Tree. But with such a short amount of time in the parks I want to maximize my character time as I am a Character Stalker. So I'm torn.

BTW, FYI on Tuesday when we go to Epcot we have Storybook Breakfast with the princess in Norway and Dinner at Garden Grill.

I was also thinking about trying to squeeze in Breakfast at Ohana on Wednesday before we leave.

Thanks for listening to me and helping me sort it all out.

Seasonscraps
11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
I would do dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern since you LOVE the food but I am not much of a character stalker (love that phrase!!). I think the princess breakfast will torture your DH sufficiently any more then that may backfire and make you miserable too.

Good luck! Have a great trip!

mouseketeer mom
11-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds like you would be sad to miss the LTT., so I would do that. I agree with the other poster. The princesses oughta do your husband in anyway!! Pooh might push him over the edge! I would tho, try to squeeze in an Ohana's breakfast. You'd get the characters, and one of the best breakfasts on property. Enjoy!:mickey:

ravsluvdisney
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
If you are trying to persuade DH to stick around the world for breakfast why not try Kona Cafe instead of more characters at O'Hana? IMHO Kona has one of the best breakfasts on property (Pineapple Macadamia Nut Pancakes - YUMMO!) and is more subdued without Lilo & Stitch. Just my :twocents:

Kairi_7378
11-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I would do LTT because:

1.) You love it; and
2.) It will be better for your DH. If he's never been to WDW Crystal Palace might be character overload on the first day. Give him some time to get used to the World.

I like the suggestion to try Kona for breakfast... Tonga Toast would be a great last breakfast before going on the next part of your trip.

iheartdisney
11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
First let me say, I feel your pain. My DH would rather vacation anywhere but Disney. He feels since we've already been once (ok, a lot more than once) we should try new things. But at least he's been with me a few times....

I would do LTT. As the other poster said, CP might be a bit much for your husband. Plus, it would probably be a little quicker meal, leaving you more time for "character stalking" in the park. Then, as someone else suggested, definitely do breakfast at Kona Cafe before you leave! The atmosphere is wonderful, the food even better -- a nice, subtle way to show your husband what he is missing by not going to WDW with you.

badkitty
11-26-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree with going with LTT even though Pooh and Piglet are favorites of mine. The dinner at Crystal can take awhile and with LTT you will have more time in the park for rides, etc.

kathiep
11-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm sure whatever you choose, you will have a wonderful time.

Here's to hoping that this trip converts DH for you :pixie:

BMan62
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
First a question: Do you ever want him to visit WDW with you again? If so, do LTT.

I agree with other posters about Kona Cafe for breakfast. Get him hooked on non-character things and maybe he will be more amenable to repeated visits.

Belster
12-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I would choose the LTT, I love it personally, and do not enjoy the chaotic dinner at Crystal Palace.