PDA

View Full Version : DHS Dining?

missymouseworld
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
How is the Sci-Fi Drive In at DHS?

Natazu
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Sci-Fi Dine-In (Table Service) ☺
Average, boring, and overpriced food served in an interesting and fun atmosphere. It’s ok to come around midday, take in the surroundings, have a milkshake (which they do well) and watch a few clips of The 50’ Woman and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I highly recommend against making this a dinner spot. There are so many much better restaurants at Disney.

SBETigg
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Average, boring, and overpriced food served in an interesting and fun atmosphere. It’s ok to come around midday, take in the surroundings, have a milkshake (which they do well) and watch a few clips of The 50’ Woman and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I highly recommend against making this a dinner spot. There are so many much better restaurants at Disney.

Jym has it about right. It is worth a pop in for the atmosphere. Lunch isn't a bad risk, but if you're on the dining plan, I would pay out of pocket and maybe split a sandwich or burger or snackier items instead of going all out. There are much better places in WDW, but not much to rave about at DHS. I do like the Brown Derby, but there are places I like better for two credits. Otherwise, leave DHS and dine in Epcot or at a resort.

DisneyFr33k
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM

:ditto: I couldn't have said it better. The food is average, ironically un-Disney like in portion (small), and overpriced. Take Jym's advice. 50's Prime Time or Mama's is way better, IMO.

henry.james.s
11-25-2008, 02:09 PM

This is the way feel about it and I do the milkshake break every trip.
Brown Derby is good, shouldn't be 2TS in my book & 50's isn't bad for lunch..but not every trip.

DDuck66
11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I will have to disagree, as we always enjoy the Sci-Fi. I know the food is not spectacular, but it has never been bad (IMHO) and the atmosphere is one of a kind. I think the casual atmosphere very appealing. It is worth a trip...we usually try one new place every 6 months as their are so many options.

Natazu
11-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I will have to disagree, as we always enjoy the Sci-Fi. I know the food is not spectacular, but it has never been bad (IMHO) and the atmosphere is one of a kind. I think the casual atmosphere very appealing. It is worth a trip...we usually try one new place every 6 months as their are so many options.

Technically, you're not disagreeing with what I said.