PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks for a Fabulous Time

AHOTE
11-25-2008, 01:52 AM
We had a fabulous time on our recent visit to WDW. A few cast members made it all the more memorable. We arrived home late on November 11, exhausted but too exhilarated to sleep. I sat up and wrote an email to guest services regarding our stay and I recognizing ten cast members who went above and beyond their general duties to make our experience extra special. Their commitment to outstanding customer service needed to be acknowledged. The next day I had a message in my in box thanking me for my email and informing me that I would get a call from a member of the Executive Coorespondence Team. Well, surprise, surprise, they called today and I had a wonderful conversation regarding our trip and the cast members who helped add to our enjoyment. Each of them will receive an commendation through their immediate supervisors. I write letters every year but this is the first time I've had a personal response from the Walt Disney Co. other than a form letter.

To make a long story short, it's a special Thank You to;

Wally, from Burlington VT, Orlando Airport Magical Express Desk, really knows how to get the show started.

William, from Celebration FL, a concierge at Saratoga Springs, a true master of what he does.

Dave, from Warwick, RI, Yak & Yeti;
Clay, at Raglan Road Irish Pub;
Janet at Narcoosee’s;
Ashley, from Connecticut, at The Wave;
Billy, from Nova Scotia Canada, Le Cellier;
They were all very attentive, knowledgeable and sincere in their performance. Their recommendations were right on, each one of them added something extra to each dining experience.

Donna from Toronto CN at The Art of Disney Store; She is a well spring of knowledge.
Deborah from Baltimore MD at the Food & Wine Pavilion; She was a lot of help with gift selection, packaging, shipping for our entire group.

Jungle Cruise Skipper by the name of Tara Marie from New Jersey. Wonderfully talented and funny to boot.

You are all :number1:

mouseketeer mom
11-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Very nice!:thumbsup:

vicster
11-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice to see someone send positive comments to WDW re: their cast members. Seems all you hear are negatives. There are many people out there who do outstanding jobs and don't get the recognition they deserve. Well done!

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Dave, from Warwick, RI, Yak & Yeti;

Hmm I wonder if I know him? I will have to look for him when we are out there. I love seeing people there from my state :mickey: I live about ten minutes from warwick! Wooo! :mickey:

But anyway back on topic! That was a wonderful letter and response with your trip! I love reading positive things like these. Makes up for all the complaint emails you hear about! Thank you for brightning my day on a postitive note and I am sure for the wonderful CM's you dealt with and now will receive credit because of your email! That is great! :thumbsup: :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
So glad to hear someone giving positive report sabout CM's...we always have had good experiences but I see so many negative reports lately, this makes me feel better

Tinkerbella16
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The same exact thing happened to me today also! Very cool!

I was in wdw Nov 9-15 and when I got home I emailed wdw about our fantastic tourguide that we had on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour...his name was Matthew. He made my trip even more magical than it already always is. He was so passionate of his job and very informative the whole 5 hours of the tour. He really made my experience very enjoyable. We sat at the same table during lunch at Columbia Harbour House and had a great conversation also. He had me laughing & smiling the entire time...and thanked me for it when the tour was over. I was only expecting the usual thank you email response back from guest relations.

I'm at work this morning and had a missed call from a number with a 407 area code...so first thing I thought was WDW!!!
I checked my voicemail and a member from their team thanked me for taking the time out to praise Matthew the way I did and it was very appreciative...and they will make sure he gets the praise he deserves.

I was so happy...and this is another reason why I love wdw as much as I do. They go above and beyond and its great. :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
11-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Great report- glad you posted. :mickey: I also emailed Guest Services last month after my "Special Thanks to the Following Cast Members . . " post on Intercot. They called me back and left me a message with a promise that the positive feedback would reach the CMs and their teams.

I suppose it's just human nature, but we are all so highly motivated to voice our opinion when it's a negative one! I'm sure they appreciate hearing some positive feedback when we have it!

faline
11-25-2008, 07:41 PM
It's so good to hear about folks making wonderful guest magic at Disney!

pdrlkr
11-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: