PDA

View Full Version : glass etchings from Epcot

mrsgaribaldi
11-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi, you know where you can buy the little blocks of glass with faces etched into them and they out them on lights? Can you bring a picture and have them do the etching from the picture? Thanks

jwildflower1981
11-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Yes, I did this last year with a picture of my dad who has just passed away. I wanted to do something special for him since he introduced me to Disney World and shared my love for it. The only problem was since he wasn't there and it was only a picture they could only do it in 2d instead of 3d. It still came out beautiful. Hope this helps!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
11-25-2008, 05:14 AM
That's great thanks. A woman at worked adopted a baby and I swiped a picture from her album tonight so I could have that done in Disney. I want to surprise her. Thanks again. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

LoriSan
11-26-2008, 11:19 AM
at Epcot, you will find this as you leave Imagination. I'm sure you can also find it at the other parks. I know DD, it is in the crystal store.

goofygirl67
11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
They can even do a picture that was taken from a picture. I took a picture of my brother, sister and I that was taken 20 years ago and had one done for each of my parents. I also had an older one that was about 30 years old for my step-mom. It is 2-D but they came out great.

disneychick62
11-26-2008, 08:03 PM
My husband and i had one done a few years ago when we were engaged. We had it done at IMagination Pavillion. When they did it they gave us a time and day to come back for it. Its really neat. Its on a table in my family room.We always get compliments on it when company comes over..:waycool:

DisneyDog
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
We also got ours at the Imagination Pavilion. Got it done on our 10th anniversary. It's very pretty.

beksy
12-17-2008, 11:00 AM
We had one done for our mom in February and they had to order the lighted base for it. We haven't gotten the base. Does anybody know who I should contact? Thanks!

TinkerbellT421
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I get a new Crystal every year. Me and DBF have it done in the Imagination Pavillion. It is one of my MANY disney collections. SO I get a new one every year with the year etched in. We always get compliments on them!

Nurse Kim
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I would like to do this on our trip in March. How much do these usually cost?

disneychick62
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
It depends on the size and what you want. and if you want the light on the bottom. i paid around $125.00.

TinkerbellT421
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I get the very basic one. After all is said aand done after taxes its $37.00. Its about 3x3 and about an inch in thickness. Its a perfect size for dbf and I's faces and at the bottom it says walt disney world and the year. Basic beautiful and inexpensive perfect for what I wanted.

AuntDJ
12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't remeber the cost...but I highly recommend this! My parents had their 40th anniversary and both turned 60 in the same year. So I took a pic with me, gave to them, they made a beautiful glass block, and a Christmas ornament...it is gorgeous!

That was about 3 years ago and I still love to look at the ornament as we hang it on the tree!

I thought it was expensive, but now as I look back, it was a great investment of something we will have forever!

DJ