PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread Man on the Run!

Tinksmom
11-24-2008, 05:35 PM
WANTED!!!!
THE GINGERBREAD MAN

My DD, Alli's class was reading about the Gingerbread Man when all of the sudden, he jumped from the book and went running out the door.
Please be on the look out for him and send us a short, funny report if you see him.
He is described as about 5 inches tall, dark skin, bald, white eyes and gumdrop buttons.
He is considered to be fast, mischievous and delicious!
:rocks: Okay Intercot friends, I know how fun and creative you are. I'm hoping a few of you can help me with this class project.
Alli's teacher, Miss McElrath, is using the escape of the Gingerbread Man as a fun way to teach her kindergarten class about geography. They will be tracking the sighting of the Gingerbread Man on a map. Miss McElrath will also be adding a section about the Gingerbread Man to the classes website also. PM me and I'll send you the link so you, too can track this craft cookie. So if you do not live in Birmingham, AL and would like to bring some pixie dust to a kindergarten class reply to this post. Be sure to include your city and state (and country when applicable).
Thanks!
Joni
aka- Tinksmom

Strmchsr
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Joni,

Here's the :pixie: for the kids from just down I-65 from you in Millbrook.

medic9016
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, South Carolina.:drill:

VWL Mom
11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Some pixie dust:pixie: from Morristown, NJ

PlutoToo
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I saw him running through the rain in Robbinsville, NC today.:party2::cheer:

the other micki
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I looked out my backdoor about an hour ago and saw a gingerbread man of that description swinging on my kids' swingset, but when I called out to him, he took off running! He was yelling something like "Catch me, catch me, if you can..." We live near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Tinksmom
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks y'all! This is great! Keep 'em coming!!!

AuntDJ
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Howdy from College Station, Texas! Pretty sure I saw the Gingerbread man on the Texas A & M University campus!

Gig 'em

DJ

tadshome
11-24-2008, 07:34 PM
He was seen a few moments ago in Kent... The garden of England :)

Hayden's Dad
11-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Heard our doorbell ring, saw someone about that description jumping back into a big brown truck...I think the Gingerbread Man just delivered our photopass pictures. He must have had a lot of pixie dust to get from England to Greensboro, NC so quickly.

DisneyFreak23
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Just saw him running across the bridge over the Mississippi River here in Rock Island, IL:)

Mickeydream
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
This little guy really gets around! I think I saw him at our Girl Scout meeting tonight picking out the nuts in our bowl of Gorp in Rotterdam, NY. :woohoo:

Ppufi
11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I saw that littl Gingrbread Man running in our garden today. Massena, NY. :number1:

ElenitaB
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Can't keep that little Gingerbread Man down!

There was lots of traffic on the Verrazano Bridge today between Brooklyn and Staten Island, NY. They said it had something to do with a trail of frosting that was making the road service very slick. Apparently the little guy decided to run the NYC marathon in the opposite direction. (Is it Opposites Day? :confused: )

conorsmom2000
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Upon leaving Brooklyn, he must have gone over the George Washington Bridge as I just spotted him in Bergenfield, NJ.... :D

ckaranassos
11-24-2008, 08:55 PM
I was taking my annual stroll on the Manasquan, NJ boardwalk thinking how quiet the beach seemed today. I figured it probably had to do with the very cold temperature outside. Well, I was watching the ocean as it met the horizon thinking what a beautiful sight, when I saw something way off in the distance. At first I said, "Oh my" that must be Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl. But as the object got closer I realized it was a lone surfer looking for the ultimate ride. After one of the most amazing wave rides I had ever seen I noticed this master of the surf was none other than your Gingerbread Man. But what surprised me most was this Big Kahuna of the waves was riding not a surfboard but a very sly and furry fox.

tiggers_1
11-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I saw the gingerbread man in our downtown Dickens Victorian Village hiding among the characters....Cambridge, Ohio

disneydeb
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
He was spotted tonight with a glass of milk and a good book in Tullahoma, Tennessee which is halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga.

Good luck with the project kindergarteners!

Tick-Tock
11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Gingerbread Man spotted looking for snow in Denver, Colorado (not successful - it's been dry here this November) - so he's probably heading up into the mountains to go snowboarding!

tinkerbellybutton
11-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Just a short while ago, here in Brunswick, Maine when I was putting the grandbaby in the car (he just turned 1) he looked over my shoulder, pointed and giggled. I turned to see that crafty little cookie jumping into the pile of leaves that I had just raked up. Of course I put chase to him but he is quite fast. We circled the car a few times when I thought I'd confuse him and change direction, instead of falling prey to my cheap trick he jumped into the car, hopped in the backseat and kissed Carter on the cheek before jumping back out of the car and disappearing into the woods. All that was left behind was a sticky mess on the baby's face :D

pink
11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
A few minutes ago I heard my dog barking out of the window and I think I saw that same gingerbread man running down my street!
- Long Island, NY.

Good luck with your project! :mickey:

Zippy 1
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
:secret: After leaving Denver - The gingerbread man must have decided to check out Fort Collins, Colorado on his way to the mountains looking for snow. He did not find snow here just heavy frost. We last saw him skating around the outdoor skating rink in Old Town Fort Collins among all the holiday decorations. He really seemed to be enjoying himself so we left him to enjoy his time in Colorado. All the kids at the rink looked extremely happy to have him in their company. Please let him know he is welcome to come back and visit any time!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Earlier in the day, when he was still in Texas, I caught sight of him riding the escalators up and down at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX. I heard him yell something like "You can't catch me" but I'm not sure who was chasing him!

Dragongirlx
11-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Just saw him run past the council building in Edinburgh Scotland - quick little guy isn't he?

alphamommy
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
He sure gets around - he was just in our backyard, trying to catch the fluttering snowflakes that are falling.

We're in Troy, Michigan, about 20 miles north of Detroit.

Have fun, kids!

amd780
11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Here in Raleigh, NC, we've heard reports of a gingerbread man hanging around the RDU Airport, waiting to catch a flight. I wonder where he's headed now? :)

TigChatt
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
That flight that the gingerbread man was waiting to get on. Well, that plane landed in San Diego, Ca. I guess the crafty little cookie wanted some sun before Thanksgiving. I wonder if he is doing undercover work for Santa Claus?!? I guess we'll never know. No one can seem to catch him can they?!?

AHOTE
11-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Your Gingerbread Man is a quick little guy. He just left Independence Hall and he was last seen heading for the Betsy Ross House :bolt:

Mad About Mickey
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Traffic is completely stopped on I- 93 here in Manchester, NH and everyone is outside of their cars looking on. Apparently the gingerbread man was seen spreading a little mischief and has let a herd of dairy cows out of their barn. I guess he figures no milk, no dunking ;).

sportsguy2315
11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
I just heard a knock on my dorm room door in Mankato, MN. When I opened it, all that was there was this note:
"Not Fast Enough!
GB Man"

Dag nab it, I thought I had him too! :)

disneydrmr
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I just heard a lot of commotion out in our warehouse.... when I went out to check I saw the backside of a little brown cookie running out one of the dock doors. I think your gingerbread cookie stopped in our office here in Fairfield, Ohio to see if there were any of his gingerbread cousins here that needed to be set free!

(what a cute idea! Good luck to the class!)

pianobabe
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
He is one fast moving little cookie...
I just saw him in downtown Forest City, NC waiting to see the beautiful Christmas decorations we have. Unfortunately he was a day too early to see them and I was too slow to catch him. I didn't see which way he went. I will keep an eye out for him though. There's a chance he over-heard people talking about the horse-drawn carriages and Santa house they have every weekend during the holiday season. He may be back.

Chrisx2
11-27-2008, 12:17 PM
He is one speedy Gingerbread Man! He ran through Fayetteville, NC (maybe on the way to the Raleigh airport mentioned a few posts ago). Odd thing is that I just got an email from a base in Afghanistan and a dear friend of our family saw him running through there! Even the US Army couldn't catch him!;)

TheMartellFamily
11-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I kid you not, but I did see the Gingerbread man following the Muffin Man a mile north of Drury lane in Round Lake Beach Illinois. He is one quick guy.

Coccinelle
11-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi!
I saw gingerbread man right here in Quebec city a few days ago. I opened a package that i had just received from a friend in California and there he was! I was so surprises that i dropped the package. Dont worry, he didn't broke anything, he fell on my sweater. After telling me many of his adventures , he had a little glass of hot chocolate then took a nap in my slipper. I think is nose is not working very well! While he was sleeping, i spend some time knitting for him, it is cold here for such a little cookie! The next morning, my new friend the gingerbread man jumped in the mailman bag ,with is warm new scarf and hat, ready to meet new friends and to see new places!
Quebec city (now 400 years old!) is in the province of Quebec in Canada !

What a nice way to learn geography!!!! That class is very lucky to have such a creative teacher! I would love to see that website!

QTPie68
11-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Last night as my husband was driving home from work in Rockville, Maryland, he told me that he saw a Gingerbread Man running down the street, heading for the subway......of course, I thought he had overdosed on leftover turkey, but now I know it is another sighting!!

eeyorelover63
11-30-2008, 11:46 AM
guess he came north because yesterday at basketball practice in Harrisburg, PA ...i saw him run through the gym and start shooting the basketball. we tried to get him but he ran out.... where to next?:)

chrisb26
11-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Last night I was shopping at the Bolingbrook Promenade in Illinois and as the big Christmas Tree light show was about to start I could have sworn I saw him finding a good place to watch.

tinkwest
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
The poor little Gingerbread Man got cold and came back to San Diego, California for some sunshine and to help celebrate my husband's birthday. He quickly left the party when someone mistook him for a piece of birthday cake.

beksy
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
The quick little guy showed up today in Morgantown, WV but stood out so much during among all the blue and gold (school colors) that he ran off pretty fast! I didn't even get a picture!

IloveDisney71
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I just happened to be down by the pier in Fairhope, AL and saw a little brown gingerbread man sitting on a bench. He was watching the seagulls fly overhead and was busy checking out what types of fish the fishermen were catching off the pier. I was so surprised to see him. Before I could grab my cell phone out, to snap his picture, he saw me, jumped off the bench, and went running away saying, "Run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!" This has to be the fastest gingerbread man I've ever seen or heard of.:D

BeccaO
12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
So I was driving down the road today here in Lancaster County, PA and I came up behind an amish horse and buggy, usually I see a young amish boy or girl peering out the back window waving at me, but today low and behold didn't I see a gingerbread man!!!!! Here in PA Dutch country we go around horse and buggies, otherwise it would take us a looooooooooooooong time to get anywhere, so when I went around the horse and buggy there was the gingerbread man waving at me!!!!!!

illini
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
That feisty little guy was just spotted at the Alamo here in San Antonio, TX. He was wearing a uniform and carrying the Texas flag while calling out, "Remember the Alamo!"