PDA

View Full Version : Walking with Dinosaurs..The Experience

crazeedizneefinatic
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I am getting really excited. We got tickets to go see walking with dinosaurs on Dec. 3rd. It coming quickly. Anyone here already experienced the show, it looks awesome. Just wondering what to expect.

Mickey'sGirl
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
We saw it here in Toronto last year, and we were NOT disappointed (me, DH and DS's 9 and 3 at the time). The creatures are so life-like, and they use light and visual effects to work with them. We were amazed at the size of them.

I hope you have a terrific time. We truly did.... DS4 is still talking about it.

Tick-Tock
11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
It was great! DH and I really enjoyed it. The sheer size of the dinosaurs was incredible.

Bob Parr
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
It was awesome! My DS7 is a dino FANATIC. He was terrified of the heights at the arena, but the second the show started it all went away. We went about a year ago and he still brings it up weekly.

jonsmom
11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
The show was very nice, the dino's very life-like, but in my opinion, it is ALOT of $$ to spend on a one hour show. We had $40 plus service charge seats and they were nosebleed seats, trust me. For a family it is a very costly show, I don't know how a family of 4 could afford that for a Sunday matinee.

Not worth it for me, but its my opinion.

tinkerbell04
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
We saw it here in Baltimore and it was fantastic. We thought that it was expensive, but worth it for sure. Have a great time!!!

kakn7294
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
We're going Wednesday too! Our seats are E32 row E seats 9 - 12. Since I bought the "cheap" seats (that's all I could get!), I sprung for a parking pass too. Maybe we'll see you there - I'll have on Steeler stuff (like nobody else in the 'Burgh will!).

DisneyDog
11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I haven't heard of this. I just looked on the website, and it doesn't look like it's coming anywhere near us. I'm surprised that it's not coming to Philly. We have been getting some really world-class entertainment here...especially since the King Tut exhibit did so well.

Stitchahula
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
We went to it when it was around here in the beginning of the year. It was incredible! My DS 5 loves dinos and I thought that maybe the baby would be scared (he wasn't quite 1 yet) but they loved it. It is a little loud though. I know if it comes this way again we will definately go again. Your going to really enjoy it, it's really well done. :thumbsup:

TinyDancer
11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I haven't heard of this. I just looked on the website, and it doesn't look like it's coming anywhere near us. I'm surprised that it's not coming to Philly. We have been getting some really world-class entertainment here...especially since the King Tut exhibit did so well.

I want to say it actually already came to Philly.... I could be wrong, but this sounds familiar to me and I think it was here already.

TikiGoddess
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
We took my DD5 to see this show last winter and we ALL loved it! She is a huge dino fan, but my husband and I also were blown away by it -- so much so that we looked into seeing it again! Yes, it's expensive but in our opinion, totally worth the money. Disney needs to talk to the company who does the animatronics -- just amazing.

Kathy

whistlewhileyouwork
11-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Saw it here in NJ..back in Octoberor maybe early Nov. THought it was very good. THe narrator does a great job. We had VIP seats and the dinos were right in our face...a bit crazy at times. The show is great...expensive yes, but we packed our own lunch and it made the day! Have fun:mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! It sounds amazing! We cannot wait. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!