PDA

View Full Version : Best lunch not in park.

DisneyLoversx4
11-24-2008, 03:45 AM
We are not going to be in the parks on our first day, does anyone have any suggestions on which place has a good lunch either in a resort or downtown disney. We were allready planning on going to T-Rex for dinner. Thanks!

Seasonscraps
11-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club has great burgers & ice cream. It's table service but they don't take ADRs. We usually go early so there's not too much of a wait.

Earl of Sandwich at DTD - their sandwiches are really good! The line gets long but it moves really fast.

henry.james.s
11-24-2008, 05:56 AM
At DTD I suggest The Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Big River Brew & Grill Works at The Boardwalk is great as well.

mouseketeer mom
11-24-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't know if you want DTD, since you'll be there in the evening, but if you do, Wolfgang Puck express has a terrific lunch. For resort lunches I suggest Kona (on the monorail line at the Poly) or Beaches n Cream if you are in the Epcot area instead. All great choices!

Tbelle1976
11-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Earl of Sandwich at DTD - their sandwiches are really good! The line gets long but it moves really fast.

Ditto! This place is really good...and very simple.
Soup, sandwiches salads, etc. Just like Panera Bread you can do simple soup/salad, etc, combos at a very reasonable price. If you plan on looking around DTD while you are there, it won't take up too much of your time dining and you'll have plenty of time for shopping!

poeticeclipse
11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I agree with those saying Earl of Sandwich! I suggest the Caprese! Yummmmy. If you're not looking for a table service then this is for you because you'll get the most bang for your buck.

If you ARE looking for a good table service, I suggest Grand Floridian Cafe. Good bang for your buck as far as table service goes. The service is really great and the place is beautiful! Don't be intimidated by "how nice" it looks at the Grand Flo. Some people avoid it if they are in park clothes but I don't let it bother me. I felt like we got the same level of service as resort guests.

disneymom15
11-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree, Earl of Sandwich is really good. We also like Wolfgang Puck Express. We use to like ESPN Club on Boardwalk, haven't been there in years so not sure if it's still good.

TinkerbellT421
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I would say ESPN club on the boardwalk, thats probably what we will end up doing, we love it there. Great atmosphere, great cs food, fast, and awesome people, especially during the live broadcasts.

Or, Earl of Sandwich is really really good. And I enjoyed Cookes of Dublin at DTD as well....mmmmDoh-Bars....yummy :tasty:

TheRustyScupper
11-24-2008, 10:35 AM
1) We enjoy Bongo's at Downtown Disney.
2) It is seldom very crowded for lunch.

illini
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express if you're looking for counter service at DTD. It is soooo good-- much better than EoS in my opinion. The Chinois Salad is my favorite thing to eat anywhere at Disney.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Another vote for Wolfgang express at DTD. If you are on the DDP it is without a doubt your best value for CS anywhere. The food is excellent for CS also and pretty quick.

wendy*darling
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I thought I would throw out yet another option...
Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.
First- the Lodge is breathtaking at Christmas- a "do not miss!" location.
Lunch is fun and very good.

Not sure where you are staying or what transportation options you will have. But if you do not have a car- just take the bus to the MK, and then hop on a boat to the Wilderness Lodge! After lunch you can boat back over to the MK or to the Contemporary and do a Holiday Tour of the monorail resorts. A wonderful way to spend a "non-park" afternoon! Especially at Christmastime! :tree:

henry.james.s
11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I thought I would throw out yet another option...
Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.
First- the Lodge is breathtaking at Christmas- a "do not miss!" location.
Lunch is fun and very good.

Not sure where you are staying or what transportation options you will have. But if you do not have a car- just take the bus to the MK, and then hop on a boat to the Wilderness Lodge! After lunch you can boat back over to the MK or to the Contemporary and do a Holiday Tour of the monorail resorts. A wonderful way to spend a "non-park" afternoon! Especially at Christmastime! :tree:

That's a GREAT idea!! WL at Christmas is stunning.

Natazu
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best WDW Non-Park TS Lunches:
7. Boatwright’s
6. Turf Club
5. Olivia’s
4. The Wave
3. Grand Floridian Café
2. Kona Café
1. Wolfgang Puck Café

As far as CS... Cookes of Dublin or Earl of Sandwich without a doubt.

Kairi_7378
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
For a TS, I'd choose the Grand Floridian Cafe. for a CS, I'd go to Captain Cook's at the Poly or to the Earl in DTD.

Tinkerbellfan
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
WE love Beaches & Cream - it has the best chili cheese hotdogs, hamburgers, onion rings and sundaes. We also have enjoyed numerous meals at Kona Cafe for lunch!

ElenitaB
11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Since you're going in December, the resort Christmas decorations are second to none. Like Linda says above, Wilderness Lodge is beautiful. But if you're limited on time, I'd suggest making the Grand Floridian your destination to see their jaw-dropping tree and the gingerbread house (it's no run-of-your-mill gingerbread house). You could combine your visit there with lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe (we're going there for breakfast one morning for just that reason).

If you're looking for something in the DTD area, I'd also suggest Wolfgang Puck Express.

brian2000boston
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express rocked it!:number1:

DisneyLoversx4
11-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think we are leaning toward Earl of Sandwich or Beaches and Cream. We are allready going to Whispering Canyon for dinner one night but if we were not I agree that would be a great suggestion just to see the Wilderness lodge during Christmas!!
Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Beaches and cream from All Star Sports??

Seasonscraps
11-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Beaches and cream from All Star Sports??

Take the bus to Disney Studios then walk or catch the Friendship boat to the Beach/Yacht Club.

DisneyFr33k
11-25-2008, 12:05 PM
At DTD I suggest The Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Big

:ditto: We ate lunch there during our last trip and we were pleasantly surprised! Especially the meatball spaghetti! Yum!! :eat:

BraddyB
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express.......I could so go for some of their Pizza !!!