PDA

View Full Version : Odd dining plan question when staying at two different resorts!!!

ldc12377
11-23-2008, 08:58 PM
During on next trip, we are staying at POP for first half and BCV for the second half. We want to add the basic dining plan to the whole trip. How does that work when you have your trip booked in two sections? Will we have to make sure that we used all of our credits from the first half of the trip by the day we check out of POP? I'm afraid to might be a pain to have to worry about making sure we use all our credits half way through our trip. Besides worrying about moving from one resort to another, we also have to worry about using up our credits. We usually have a few counter service credits and a few more snacks left toward the end of our trip. It would be nice if there is a way to be able to use all our credits for the whole trip. Is that possible?

Seasonscraps
11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
No, it isn't possible to combine the dining plan for your whole trip. The reservation at each resort will require two sets of dining plan credits. So if you are staying at Pop from Sunday to Wednesday, you will until Wednesday at midnight to use 3 TS, 3 CS and 3 snack credits. When you move to the BCV, you start all over again.

henry.james.s
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Christine is spot on..I had to do it that way myself a few years back.

mouseketeer mom
11-24-2008, 06:40 AM
2 different resort reservations=2 different dining plans. One that expires at midnight of the first check out, one that begins when you check in at the second resort. We've split resorts a few times. If we want the dining plan, we have tacked it onto the first ressie only, not the second. As each reservation that has a dining plan requires a ticket attached to that reservation.

poeticeclipse
11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Yep! ...what everyone else says.

Disney connects your DP to your room because it's easy to track by how many NIGHTS you are vacationing at a WDW resort. If it were a seperate item all together, I think they would run into people trying to purchase the dining plan that aren't resort guests.

I hope someday that they find a way to allow guests to have one single DP for your whole stay regardless of how many resorts you hop to.