PDA

View Full Version : Pofq

dfamasb
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
We are staying at POFQ for the first time in February. I have read so many wonderful things about it and am excited to finally get to stay there!

What are your favorite things to do at the POFQ??

ElenitaB
11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Have beignets for breakfast! :eat:

Well, that and pose with the statues!

disneychick62
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Piano Bob at riverside....:thumbsup:

dmallan
11-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Take the boat to DTD. It's worth it just for the ride.
We took it from Riverside one night on the spur of the moment. We were coming back from the food court on our first or second night there and saw the boat was about ready to leave, so we decided to hop on. What a nice relaxing ride. We didn't even stay in DTD that time - just got in line for the ride back.
Of course your experience will depend on the time of night and who your captain is. Sometimes it's pretty crowded and noisy, other times it's not. Once our captain serenaded us with Disney songs the whole way back!
Transportation to DTD is one of the reasons we will stay at POFQ when we go in the fall. Looking forward to it! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
11-23-2008, 08:47 PM
:cloud9: Beignets and boat rides! :cloud9:

ibrowse17
11-23-2008, 09:25 PM
We enjoyed that it was a smaller resort, and everything was so close. One of our favs was walking through the "gas" lamp lit streets at night and hearing the jazz. Fully agree with all else:thumbsup:

Frog
11-24-2008, 07:58 AM
All the above are why we really wanted to go back, but our family has 5, so we will go across the "bayou" to por for our next trip.
While walking around, keep your eyes up. We found an owl in the trees close to the mini-store on a morning walk to the bus.

RockinRollerMom
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
:cloud9: Beignets and boat rides! :cloud9:

:ditto:

dfamasb
11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone! I'll be travelling with my dh, twin dd/ds (4), ds (2), mom and step-dad. Dh and I will have an evening or two to ourselves and it sounds like there will be some nice things for the two of us to enjoy together!

Frog
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
The boat ride to dtd would be a fun "date night"...
There was carrige rides at night when we went, but I believe those have gone away...
If you are a jogger, the trail around the two resorts is a fun Early morning blood mover...

Tinkerbella16
11-24-2008, 03:34 PM
POFQ is my favorite resort!!! We just got back from a weeks stay there 2 weeks ago!

I loved the Beignets...omg they're so good!

The boat to DTD is the only way I'll take to get there..it is so relaxing and great to get away from the busses.

The giftshop at POR is much better than at French Quarter...but that means less spending so who cares lol!

We were in Building 1 Room 1101...ground floor, corner room. (I love having 2 windows in my room, so cozy!)

Everything about FQ is great. The grounds are beautiful. The resort is small enough, so where ever your room is...it is close to the foodcourt and busstops. The busses could have been run a little better...I did like the fact that we never had to share a bus with Riverside. The foodcourt was great, and it was never crowded, not even during breakfast hours. I would walk around the resort at night and just hear complete silence...even when the resort is supposedly booked, it seems as if no one is there because it is so quiet.

I love POFQ!!! Have a wonderful time!

Lisaj13
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
After a long day in the parks my tired feet loved the hot tub!

And don't forget the great slide at the pool. Whenever I tried to get my dd out of the pool it was always "just one more slide".

princessgirls
11-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Can't wait to stay at the FQ!

Just upgrading from the POP, due to the great special Disney was running!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback.

Julie:mickey:

badkitty
11-26-2008, 11:18 PM
The boat ride to dtd would be a fun "date night"...
There was carrige rides at night when we went, but I believe those have gone away...

The carriage rides were still offered a couple of weekends ago when I was there. Maybe it is seasonal?

Loved the boat ride to DTD!

garymacd
11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Another vote for beignets.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I too vote for the beignets, boat ride and the hot tub. Hop in the pool first, then soak and relax in the hote tub.

disneyworld55925592
11-29-2008, 10:00 PM
one of my favorites! Walking along the river in the morning is alot of fun! The boat to downtown disney is sooo convenient as well we love it :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Have beignets for breakfast! :eat:

Have beignets ANY TIME!!! :laughing: