PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and pixie dust need for my dad

KEYONNAH
11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I haven't been on this site in a while. I've missed you guys. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in August. He's not doing well. Unfortunately, he lives 8 hours away so I haven't been able to be there to help much. My grandma died in sept. so I've been down twice to help my dad clean. He needs all the prayers he can get. I'm scared he won't make it. I've been raised as a daddy's girl so I don't know what to do without my dad. I stay positive around him, but I'm losing it. :sadwave:

Stormi

pianobabe
11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this. It's not easy, but it makes it even harder when you live so far away. You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm a Daddy's girl too and it's tough to see them sick.

disneydeb
11-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Hugs , prayers and pixie dust sent for you and your dad!

vizsla
11-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Prayers and :pixie: on the way.

I just lost my DF this past Aug. due to lung canacer. I lost my best friend in the world when he past away. It's hard to deal with knowing the outcome is not going to be good. You need to stay strong for yourself and your DF and that will really help your DF knowing everything will be OK no matter what happens to him.

Jeff
11-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Prayers on the way out for your father and for you.

daparish
11-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Prayers and :pixie: for you and your dad.

RedSoxFan
11-23-2008, 08:49 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers for your dad.

Strmchsr
11-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Prayers and :pixie: for you and your dad!

Mousefever
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis, Stormi. I'm sure it's hard to be brave for him, but I'm glad you know you can be scared on Intercot. We're here for you.

Amy

Beast_fanatic
11-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. Lots of :pixie: on the way to him and to you.

Hayden's Dad
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
:pixie::pixie: For your dad, and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for you. I am sorry to hear you are going through this.

cer
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Praying God's blessings for you both during this difficult time.

TinkerbellT421
11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi, Stormi, I am very sorry to hear you going through this. I can relate so I know what your going through, I lost my dad to Leukemia, and I to was a daddy's girl. I miss him alot. Its not easy. :(

Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust your way to help you be strong and get through this. :angel::pixie::pixie::pixie:

goofy for pluto
11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
More prayers and pixie dust on the way to you and your family!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

SurferStitch
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. Here's lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: coming your way.

Stay strong, and I wish you and your dad all the best.

KEYONNAH
11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Thak you everyone for the support and prayers. It means alot to know that I can lean on all of you. Being the oldest kid I'm expected to be the strong one and with you guys I don't have to be.

Boojum
11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
I was where you are about three years ago. My dad had lung cancer, and it eventually claimed his life.

My advice to you is to visit him as much as you can--let as much other stuff as possible (work, housekeeping, cooking, laundry, etc.) slide so that you can be with him.

Let others help. When people volunteer, take them up on it. They wouldn't ask if they didn't want to help out.

Use hospice when and if the time comes. It is amazingly helpful.

Pray very hard, and I'll be praying for you and your dad.

mrsgaribaldi
12-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Sorry I'm late but loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

ElenitaB
12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry your family has to go through this. Pixie dust and prayers for your entire family.

Let others help. When people volunteer, take them up on it. They wouldn't ask if they didn't want to help out.
I totally agree with this and will suggest that you take it a step further. People will offer to help... be specific with what you need done as well as where and when (i.e., could you do laundry, go food shopping if we give you a list and the $$$, etc.)

Mickey91
12-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Prayers and pixie dust for your dad, you and your family.:pixie::pixie::pixie: