PDA

View Full Version : ? for parents who watch Playhouse Disney

DisneyBabies
11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I was curious about something. We love Playhouse Disney in our house, but there are some shows we like better than others and there are some shows that we really miss.

So, my two questions are these: If you could get rid of any one program currently on, which would you pick? If you could bring back one show that no longer comes on, which would it be?

I would get rid of the Doodlebops (I know, I know. I think it's a cute show too, but the show I would bring back is the reason I would cut this one.) and I would bring back Stanley. Stanley is so much more educational, and my kids loved the animals!

Cheloconnell
11-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Exactly what I would pick. We all miss Stanley :(

Chrisx2
11-22-2008, 11:45 AM
We miss Stanley and Bear in the Big Blue House. Not sure what to get rid of though.

TysMomTink
11-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I have to agree with the Doodlebops. They creep me out.

TheMartellFamily
11-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I do not care for Charlie and Lola and I also do not care for the Melody Makers show, and if I could request Bear would be great to be brought back. This show helped potty train my two boys when that time came. It is truly a great show and really missed.

Ian
11-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Huh ... this would be a very tough call for me. Right now I think I'd definitely dump either Doodlebops or Bunnytown. I find both of them pretty annoying.

Now bringing a show back ... that's the harder one to decide on. I really liked Stanley, but there were shows I miss more. Anyone remember PB&J Otter? That was one of my all-time favorites. Or Rolie Polie Olie? Loved that one, too. I know JoJo is still on from time to time, but I'd like to bring her back full time. We always liked JoJo.

But honestly, I think my actual vote would have to go to The Koala Brothers. That was my favorite! I loved in the beginning, because DD and I would guess beforehand who the Koala Brothers were going to help for the day. That was fun!

Wow ... I just read back over this post and for a man pushing 40 I appear to like children's programming WAY too much! ;)

Kenny1113
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree the shows now are not as cute as Rollie (before they changed the graphics), Bear, Stanley or Koala Bros. Some are downright annoying ( DoodleBops/Bunnytown). I don't know why they change their programming.:confused: My kids will watch these annoying shows, but they are not favs like Rollie or Koala Bros were.

Chrisx2
11-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks Ian! I'd forgotten PB&J Otter! And Koala Brothers! We liked both of those. (Never did like Rolie Polie Olie though). Bear is the one we miss the most.

scoot241
11-22-2008, 11:06 PM
If it were up to me, the Wiggles would be gone. I think they're creepy. Not sure what I would replace it with though.

alphamommy
11-23-2008, 11:13 AM
We don't watch regularly anymore (DD is almost 9), but I know I'd get rid of the Doodlebops. They are just too disturbing to me.

I'd bring back Bear. DD still listens to his CD occasionally. Stanley was good, but there were a couple times when the animal facts he gave weren't quite right, and that bugged me.

Hayden's Dad
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I miss PB&J otter, and we really miss Stanley. We actually got to meet him in front of animal kingdom last year. I would love to see Bear and the big Blue house again. Hayden has two stuffed "Bears" and a Tutter the mouse at home.

Charlie and Lola get on my nerves. What I really hate though is during the summer when they cut playhouse disney down. I can understand them switching their daytime shows to a degree since kids are out of school, but leave the morning shows on for the little ones.

mjaclyn
11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Personally I think Johnny and the Sprites, Doodlebops and Imagination Movers could all go. I'm not sure what to bring back because I just started watching regularly with DD about a year and a half ago and she's only really watched MM, Wiggles and Pooh. I'd love to see something more educational (but fun) for her. She's already learned how to count to 15 from Mickey Mouse and she's only 2.

Tinksmom
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll give you Doodlebops and Johnny and the Sprites for Bear in the Big Blue House and PB&J Otter.
Those shows were far supreior! Bear is the greatest. I'm so sad he will be gone from Playhouse Disney Live when we go back in a couple of weeks. Who doesn't just want to go up and hug Bear!!!!

kgoulash
11-24-2008, 05:58 PM
my son is 6 and he still asks if rollie pollie ollie is coming back

Ian
11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Huh ... no love for Johnny and the Sprites. That surprises me. I love that show. I think it's really cute.

DisneyBabies
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I do not care for Charlie and Lola and I also do not care for the Melody Makers show

What or who are the Melody Makers?

harlowandthemermaid
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I could do without the Doodlebops, bunnytown, and I don't really care for Imagination Movers. WE really don't watch TV that much anymore to be truthful.
I really don't like the Choo Choo soul music at all also. But I like the Happy Monster Band ;)

I really miss the old Playhouse Disney shows, especially Rolie Polie Olie , Stanley and Bear, they make me think of Sam. And I liked PB+J otter too.

WE really don't turn the TV on that much anymore, unless we time it right and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Tigger and Pooh is on. Anything earlier than MMC we haven't made it to the living room yet so I couldn't even tell you what's on before 8:30 anymore.

I miss Clay too......Sam loved him and I know Viv would too.

IamBelle
12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I am not a parent, but i am familiar with the shows, since i wake up to them every morning, i would toss doodlebops and bring back stanley and bear.

swampfox28
01-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh man,

We LOVE the Imagination Movers and Charlie and Lola. I can't understand NOT loving those shows!!!! If you knew what great guys the Movers are, you wouldn't be able to resist loving them!! :D

Doodlebops grew on me when it had to (the music was okay, but the show was WEIRD!!)

I NEVER liked Johnny and the Sprites or the Wiggles. UGH. Both shows creep me out!!!! (I know, both have their loyal followers, but I'll add a NON-Disney show to my "ICK LIST" - Barney. BLEAAAH!!!! I can't stomach ANY of those shows!!:sick:)

-Sarah