PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner??

Dawneeeey
11-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Of course this all depends on availibility but I have some ideas and I wonder what you guys (the experts) think.

For my 40th birthday, I was thinking California Grill for dinner, then watch the fireworks from outside.

or

Dinner at the Castle, watching fireworks from inside.

or

Hoop de Doo

or

Le Cellier and then Illuminations

SO MANY CHOICES, what would you do?

Thank you!!!!

:party:

TheRustyScupper
11-22-2008, 09:40 AM
1) Fireworks views from inside CRT are not good.
2) The others are fine.

Tbelle1976
11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Personally, I would either choose Cali Grill or Le Cellier. Both the fireworks and Illuminations would be sufficient for me, actually it might be hard for me to choose if I had to.

I would probably first call and see what is open at the times that you want. You might have to narrow it down after that phone call alone.

RockinRollerMom
11-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Personally, I would either choose Cali Grill or Le Cellier. Both the fireworks and Illuminations would be sufficient for me, actually it might be hard for me to choose if I had to.

I would probably first call and see what is open at the times that you want. You might have to narrow it down after that phone call alone.

My thoughts exactly. It looks like you are traveling in Jan 09. I called at the 180 day mark to make my ADR for Cali Grill and had to be very flexible with my times. I was able to get a time near the firewroks, but it was 45 minutes earlier than I had wanted. If we finish early we'll just watch them from the observation deck. Which was my other suggestion, if you are able to get Cali Grill for an off time you can show your receipt and watch the fireworks from the observation deck. Le Cellier also books up at the 180 mark as does Cindy's table. If you don't have luck with those places, you could always try another EPCOT restaurant. There are many and most are very good. I think your chance are good for getting into one of them.

mrmcgiv
11-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Bday or just near? we will be there in 2 weeks but it is 10 days after my 40th...it ouwl dbe nice to do soemthign special in Dsiney but I wish we could have been the ON the day..oh well..somebody has got to cook T-giving dinner I guess and my Bday is 2 dasy b4. Happy $0th

Dawneeeey
11-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm going to call tomorrow and see what I can get.

My first choice is Cali Grill, but I'm flexible.

:mickey:

SBETigg
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm going to call tomorrow and see what I can get.

My first choice is Cali Grill, but I'm flexible.

:mickey:

That would be my first choice, too. Enjoy!

aurorafan
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM
We're going in a week and a half and celebrating my 40th while we're there also :thumbsup:. I chose Cali grill based on reviews here. I'm not sure if we'll get to see the fireworks (we have a 6 p.m. ressie) but I think it will be wonderful anyway :cloud9: