PDA

View Full Version : "Whole Family Vacation" Trip Report-Part 2

Mammabruski
11-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Here's the rest of our wonderful, but too short "Whole Family Vacation" Trip Report, hope you enjoy it!

Monday was EPCOT day and once again it was sunny and chilly. The little ones had so much fun at EPCOT. Nemo was my DD’s favorite, she just loves Nemo! They weren’t all that into Crush, and he was having a great day - very funny, he even had some different jokes. Figment and the fountains were also big hits. My DD got to meet Mickey, Minnie and the gang, again, and was so sweet giving out hugs and kisses. After an afternoon break for nap time we split up for dinner. My DH, DD, DS, DMIL and my two DSILs headed to Biergarten where my DH and I had beers the size of our heads! My other DS and her family went to Coral Reef and my DF and DM went to Bistro de Paris. I really loved Biergarten. The show was great and the food was some of my favorite from the whole trip. The atmosphere was really pretty. After dinner we all met up again and checked out some of the countries in world showcase. The family then took my DD home again. Supposedly my DD and DN really got into the lighted sidewalks outside of Innoventions on the way out of the park-we have some amazing video footage of their excitement - way too cute. We had to say goodbye to my DMIL and one DSIL as they were leaving the next morning from their hotel offsite. After our goodbyes, my DH, younger DS and I cruised the “world” and enjoyed Illuminations. We got home at a reasonable hour and enjoyed our resorts amenities.

Tuesday rolled around still full of sunshine, but again on the cold side. We arrived at DAK just after opening and rode EE twice while my DD and others played in Dino Land. We rode the Safari and the saw Festival of the Lion King (which was so amazing - it just blew me away). After lunch at Pizzafari, we all trooped home for naps and said goodbye to my other DSIL. Around 4:30 we made it to DHS, but sadly all the fast passes for Toy Story were gone (long gone) and it was still a 80 minute wait, so that was the only ride we didn’t make it on that I really wanted to go on. We did dinner at 50’s Primetime, where our waitress was very funny but not very efficient. The pot roast was divine, though. After dinner, the little ones went to Fantasmic while some of us rode TT and RnRc (twice). My parents once again took our DD home and my DH and little DS (her DBF went home Sunday) and I walked over to the Boardwalk and then took the bus to DTD. There we had a few drinks at Raglan Road, which if you took away the Irish band, you would never know was an Irish “Pub” (trust me, I know Irish Pubs after playing Gaelic Football for 5 years and cruising the “Irish Scene” across our county - sadly never in Ireland). After a bus trip that was way too long (our driver went to POR before POFQ) we crawled into bed and dreamt about the MK, where we were going the next morning.

Our last day began like all the rest: cold and sunny. We had our last beingets and said another goodbye: My older DS, her DH and my DN were heading home. My little family unit went to the MK and were there for the welcoming ceremony. For some reason I thought they let you into Main Street USA before 9am. Disney’s really missing out on some retail opportunity there! We did just about every ride in Fantasy Land in less than an hour, and my DD even got to play at Pooh’s Corner (not even a half of a percent as good as the Dino Land playground). We met up with my DM, DF and DS (the last of my family still at WDW - they are still there now, probably having dinner at the California Grill, watching Wishes) and we did one last run of all the classics: PotC, HM, and IASW; had some lunch, did our last minute shopping and said goodbye to WDW.

Our flight home was uneventful, and our DD managed to finally sleep the last hour of our flight. We drove the 3 hour drive home through the mountains - without snow (thank God), picked up our dog from doggie camp, and were home by 11:30pm MST. Back to reality on Thursday, and now, its Friday and the weekend and unpacking looms.

This was by far one of the best vacations of my life. To see my whole family was a so special, both my side and my DH’s side. I cannot wait for Christmas when we’ll all be together again. Thank you to my parents who made this trip possible. I love you so much! :mickey:

laward32
11-21-2008, 10:47 PM
What a great trip and family reunion. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the great report! How wonderful you and DH had time alone together in the parks!! Lucky you. Glad you had an uneventful flight home. We visited Colorado last summer for the first time and fell in love. You live in a beautiful state!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the report...it sounds wonderful

SBETigg
11-23-2008, 04:31 PM
So glad you had such a great vacation with family! It's nice that you all did things together, but also had time on your own. Good planning! Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
sounds like a great rest of the trip..that was really nice you were able to be in disney with pretty much your whole family!!! we are aiming for that next november..should be fun!! thanx again for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it! :mickey:

faline
11-25-2008, 11:48 AM
You clearly made some wonderful family memories that I am sure you will continue to cherish for years to come!