PDA

View Full Version : "Whole Family Vacation" Trip Report-Part 1

Mammabruski
11-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, what a trip! We’re home in Colorado, and really there wasn’t much change in the weather. . .sunny and chilly. We had quite the crew on this trip: Me, DH, DD, DM, DF, 2 Dsisters, their DH/DBF, DNephew, DMIL and 2 DSILs. All of us except the in-laws stayed at POFQ.

POFQ was lovely, we had a sweet room in building 2, right across from the playground connected to my parent’s room. The CM’s were friendly and the grounds were beautiful, but it really seemed like the rooms were just clean on the surface. There was dirt ground in around all the furniture edges, the headboard was dusty, the bathroom was acceptable, but the walls and the doors were dirty throughout. Altogether I was very happy with POFQ, its just too beautiful not to love it.

When we arrived on Saturday we were greeted by most of the family, and at 5:30 we had ADR’s at Chef Mickey’s. My DD and my DN (my DN is 4.5 months older than my DD - who’s 22mo old) loved, loved the characters! I on the other hand did not love, love, the food. Looking at the menu online the lineup seemed really delicious, but in reality it was pretty bland. The desserts were great, though. The Contemporary Resort is looking good. The new quick service in place of the Concourse Steakhouse opened that day and it looked really high tech and modern. After dinner we took the monorail around to the Poly to take in the atmosphere and then the boat over to the Grand Floridian. We were all beat after all the travel and character dining so we headed back “home” and drifted off to sleep (in comfy beds - much better than POP).

Sunday morning arrived sunny and bright. My DD loved playing on the slides at the playground across from our room, even though she bumped her cheek and got an “owie”. We got a late start and headed over to DTD, which was packed! After some retail therapy we had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (very yummy - I highly recommend it) and then went home to nap before MVMCP. We had 4 pm ADR’s at LTT, and although we were at the bus stop by 3:30, we didn’t get picked up until almost 4. My DH and my DS had to run to the restaurant so we wouldn’t lose our ADR’s. Dinner was pretty standard food wise, and the characters were really hamming it up with our little ones (and the big one’s, too)! The party itself was tons of fun. . .but I really liked the MNSSHP way better. I think the ambiance and the parade really put the MNSSHP over the top. After the parade and the fireworks my DM and DF (and all the others) took my DD home and my DH and I enjoyed some alone time in the MK (you gotta take advantage of those grandparents when they live 1200 miles away - no spur of the moment babysitting for us). The rides were all walk ons. It seemed really crowded in the streets, but none of the rides had waits, I think the longest we waited in our whole trip was for the Tiki Room, which was only because the CM waited to tell us there was a 12 minute wait after we entered the queue.

More fun to follow! :mickey:

laward32
11-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Sounded like a great start. I hate to hear about the cleaning. It seems like they are just getting the basics and not much else. I was thinking of staying there next year, but I may have to rethink it. I have a hard time with dirty hotel rooms. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm with you. I liked the MNSSHP and the Pirate and Princess party much better than the Christmas party.. I don't know that I would even repeat the Christmas party again. Thanks for the report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a pretty good start to me

SBETigg
11-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, what a great big group you had! So fun! I love the parties. The fireworks are amazing. Sounds like a good time. Thanks for reporting!

wickedwitch
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. How lucky to get the entire family together!!

DizNee143
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
sounds like a great trip so far!
glad you and your hubby were able to get a little bit of alone time!! must of been nice!! cant wait to read the rest!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
We are heading to Disney with a big group next weekend! I am enjoying your reports! Thanks for sharing.

faline
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
We are all occasionally in need of "retail therapy"!

What a great group! Sounds like fun was had by all even if the food wasn't outstanding!