PDA

View Full Version : Might be time to try a deluxe resort!

JerseyMouse
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
This is in no way a knock on POR...we just returned and everything was as we had hoped for, but something seemed to be missing on our end...the resort seemed almost too comfortable, we're thinking it may be time to try Wilderness Lodge. We are in there once a trip to dine at Artist Point, and we love the feel, and we need some pizazz added to our next trip. We are also considering a Land & sea DCL package, which would be a first for us, but that's for another forum.

My question is...have you ever changed from your "home resort" in hopes of a new experience, and were you happy you did?

PetefromRI
11-21-2008, 08:42 PM
We've been fortunate enough to stay at quite a few of the Disney resorts and we like to try new places but for now POFQ seems to be our new home for now.If I could afford it,I'd love to call the Poly home,but I'll just have to save that for a special trip someday.The mods our affordable for our pocketbook and we really love the size of the French Quarter.
It is fun planning to stay at a resort that you've never been to before so I say go for it.

mouseketeer mom
11-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Yes, we attempted to venture from our home resort, The Poly, to others. We've tried the CR, Beach Club and WL. While I have liked these other places, I didn't get that "aaaaah" feeling I get when I step foot on the grounds of the Poly. We thought about the Poly the whole time we were at those other places. The Poly is the place for us. I will say tho, that I would continue to split stays between new resorts and the Poly, just to try them out, but I wouldn't make a whole vacation out of a new resort. I couldn't imagine visiting WDW without some time at the Polynesian.

SBETigg
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, we have. We went from the GF to the POR and it was definitely not our favorite trip, though it was nice and something new. We just never really felt like we were actually in WDW for vacation, more like day-trippers. And then we went from GF to Poly, which went much better for us. We still missed the feeling of being home, like we feel at the GF. But it was still a great vacation and we did feel the Disney magic. We've tried others, but we keep going back to the Grand Floridian.

Figaro0826
11-22-2008, 12:07 AM
We seem to have the same taste in things Disney.
We stayed at POR for our honeymoon.

But since have stayed at the WL, which we just love.

Also, doing the Disney cruise.

Give WL a try, you won't be disappointed or in your case feel like something was missing.
Enjoy your time trip! Maybe well see you there...

GrmGrninGost
11-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Shake it up a little! All the WDW resorts have something different to offer! Take Advantage! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite, but I intend to try them all! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
11-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Most of the times we stay at a value or a moderate. We have stayed at the Beach Club, Poly, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge once each for special trips. By far our favorite was the Poly. We love the grounds, the room, the people, the access to the parks, everything about this place was fantastic. We stayed at the Contemporary with a MK view and Beach Club concierge but still favored a regular room at the Poly. :thumbsup:If we could afford it, we would stay there every time:mickey:

GrandFlo
11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Our home is the GF, but once we opted for AKL. It was a great trip and a great resort. There is not one negative thing I can say about the AKL. The AKL is awesome and we loved it.......but......the GF is and will always be our "home".

So next time we want to try a new Disney hotel, we will split our stay. We really want to try the BC or YC one day.

kemps@wdw
11-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes we did and yes we are!! We were faithful CBR goers. Loved the theming, the rooms, and the price points. Down side...too much time spent on transportation. So awhile back, we were booking and as Disney Visa holders, we were offered an "INCREDIBLE" package deal if we upgraded to a deluxe resort. Well, we did, and have not looked back since. Everything was better. LOVE the theming! LOVE the rooms! And 1/2 the time spent on transportation is WELL worth the extra we pay!
It's not that we disike the other, but our change was definitely a god one!:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
11-25-2008, 12:03 PM
We stayed at WL 3 times when MK was our favorite park. Since then, we stayed at BWV. That is our new home. Now that our DD is 13, we prefer Epcot and DHS over MK.
We even tried 2 nights at AKL and liked our Savannah view as a change of pace. Each resort has its own stimulating and relaxing element. We are likely to do the split-stay every trip we can afford it. DVC helps with that.
At some point we'll try SSR.

johnO
11-25-2008, 12:39 PM
This is in no way a knock on POR...we just returned and everything was as we had hoped for, but something seemed to be missing on our end...the resort seemed almost too comfortable, we're thinking it may be time to try Wilderness Lodge. We are in there once a trip to dine at Artist Point, and we love the feel, and we need some pizazz added to our next trip. We are also considering a Land & sea DCL package, which would be a first for us, but that's for another forum.

My question is...have you ever changed from your "home resort" in hopes of a new experience, and were you happy you did?

I know what you mean. You're probably getting the feeling that your taking the same vacation over and over again. I think it's time to shake things up. Try something new, either you'll really like it or you may learn that you want to go back to the "ole stand-by".

We tried something different this last time, Oct 08, and went on a Disney Cruise. We stayed at ASMovies, which is in our price range, for three nights and then did a three day Disney Wonder Crusie. It was great!! We're planning a 7 night DCL Crusie for next year and won't be going to WDW at all. It's not that we're tired of WDW, but we were getting the urge to try something different.

KatMark
11-25-2008, 04:21 PM
We've done value, moderate and deluxe. Started deluxe, went to value once (and last time), then moderate, back to deluxe and permanently (until we win the lotto) moderate. We did not find that the deluxes offered us anything more than we got at the Coronado, our home away from home, our last seven visits. For the time we spend at the resort, the CSR has four great pools, dining, spa, hot tub, lounge, etc. We see no reason to spend money on a deluxe. But everyone has their own expectations or needs and you need to do what is best for you.