PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for the holidays!!!!!

Kennywife
11-21-2008, 01:33 PM
:laundry2::mop::dishes::laundry:

Can you tell I'm busy? lol.

This is what we're having:

Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, homemade bread, and pumpkin and chocolate pie.

Anna

cer
11-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Boy! Aren't you the busy one? I love all the smilies! They are so appropriate!

We are having Thanksgiving at my in-laws but I am still crazy busy - What's up with that?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm doing turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, peas, boiled onions, rolls, chocolate trifle, chocolate mousse pie and Swedish apple pie. Oh yeah, and appetizers too. No cranberry sauce though! If anyone wants the orange veggies they have to do bring it themselves.

kakn7294
11-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm cooking - we'll be having turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, some sort of veggie or two, sweet potato casserole, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie (Mom's making those), and Amish friendship bread. Fortunately for me, DH does the cleaning!

Disney Doll
11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Just finalized my shopping list this morning. We're having salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoe casserrole, green beans, carrots, apple pecan cheesecake, and harvest pie. My parents are bring the pie and the ham, but everything else is me. It is a lot of work, but I love entertaining!

RedSoxFan
11-22-2008, 02:57 PM
It will just be the 6 of us. DS20 & DS18 will be home from college (only an hour away). I will be cooking (even though it's my b'day): turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies, cranberry bread. Not sure what pie(s) I'll be making -- need to check with the kids to see what they would like. We would visit family in Massachusetts/Rhode Island for the holidays; but DS16 is on the Varsity basketball team and has a game/practice over the holiday weekend.

betteratmk
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
There will be 12 at our house, we're having oat-maple rolls ,pumpkin bread, magi bread,bran muffins and orange-cranberry scones, turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes,sweet potatoe casserole,home made apple and cranberry sauce,corn, mixed beans, homemade pumpkin,pecan,apple-crumb and chocolate creme pie!! Mom is bringing munchies!!

Marilyn Michetti
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
We're going to DD's in-laws, so all I'm doing are the pies. It worked out great because I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery, so we'll get Christmas Eve.:tree:

amd780
11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
DH and I are going to visit my family. We're having turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows, asparagus, and some type of pie - not sure what kind yet. We can't wait! :tasty:

tinksmom02
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
It will just be the 6 of us. DS20 & DS18 will be home from college (only an hour away). I will be cooking (even though it's my b'day): turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies, cranberry bread. Not sure what pie(s) I'll be making -- need to check with the kids to see what they would like. We would visit family in Massachusetts/Rhode Island for the holidays; but DS16 is on the Varsity basketball team and has a game/practice over the holiday weekend.

Happy early bday to you--it's my brother-in-law's bday, too!

We go to my mom's and then SIL's, so I'm just in charge of the pumpkin pie.

crazeedizneefinatic
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Going to my parents as usual. They do Thanksgiving and we do Christmas. It always tastes so much better when someone else makes it. We are having. Turkey, pierogies, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, probably green beans and corn (that for my husband, lol), stuffing and a bread basket. I love the bread baskets. Our Giant Eagle makes a basket out of bread and fills it will rolls, its really cute to look at and tastes great! After dinner its our tradition to go to Harwood Acres (a local mansion/park) and ride through the christmas light display. When we get home we have dessert, this year is pumpkin pie and chocolate cake. Can't wait! Also need to get to bed at a reasonable time to shop, shop, shop on Friday!

hokies4life
11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
We're going to DBF's parents house first where his mom is doing the cooking for probably 11 or 12 people. And then we're going to my family's for another thanksgiving where everyone sort of pitches in to help my Grandmother cook for like 10 people. We'll be more than stuffed by the end of it. Then driving back to DBF parent's house to do Black Friday shopping with them. So probably hardly any sleep but it should be a fun weekend. :party:

:chipdale:

Kennywife
11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Went out with hubby last nite and bought last minute goodies for turkey day! We got:

cranberry sauce
chicken stock (for the turkey brine...I use Alton Brown's recipe every year and it works great!)
whipped cream
ice cream
sparkling juice
pop
pumpkin filling for the pies!

I am gonna be baking the pies tonite and getting the turkey out tonight. I will also be making the brine.

Anna