PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh Boy, Tuff Times!

Silver_Surfer
11-21-2008, 01:06 AM
I have planned a family trip to DL in march of 09. Bought the tickets for the air & hotel back in June. I just got laid off from work. My son will be 11yrs old. I dont want to cancel this trip!!! I am praying to let this trip happen!

NotaGeek
11-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Horrible news ... good luck, I hope everything works out and that you find work soon. Here's some Pixie dust for you ... :tink:

I am gonna pop this over to the Water Cooler for you ... :mickey:

vizsla
11-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Sorry to hear about you getting laid off. Hope things work out for you that you can still make your trip.

vicster
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
You live in Maui? That alone is a vacation to me!

I hope all works well for you!

SBETigg
11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Rough news, and right before the holidays. I'm so sorry and I hope things get better and you can keep the trip scheduled as planned.

:pixie: :pixie:

princessgirls
11-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope it gets better. Don't cancel just quite yet. Have faith!

Julie:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
11-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Sending :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: your way so that you can pull it together and are able to make it happen. So sorry to hear about you loosing your job. Pixie dust for you finding another job soon too! Hope you can make it!

cknorr28
11-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Hope things get better.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Ian
11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
I have planned a family trip to DL in march of 09. Bought the tickets for the air & hotel back in June. I just got laid off from work. My son will be 11yrs old. I dont want to cancel this trip!!! I am praying to let this trip happen!I know a million people will tell you this, but .... it could be the best thing that ever happens to you.

I got laid off from my job in the mortgage industry back in September and it only took me about 6 weeks to find a new job.

Now I'm happier than ever. The place I landed is great ... the people are great ... and the work is new and challenging. I'm loving it!

I've been laid off more than once and it's almost always turned out this way. I'm sure it will for you too.

The best advice I can give you is use your network. You will not get a job going in cold in this market. You absolutely have to have an internal champion working on your behalf.

faline
11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm so sorry! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Best of luck in your job search! While a search may take longer than Ian experienced, be aware that you will find another position and hopefully, in time for your upcoming trip!

RedSoxFan
11-21-2008, 03:55 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope everything works out well for you.

Kairi_7378
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I know a million people will tell you this, but .... it could be the best thing that ever happens to you. (snip)

The best advice I can give you is use your network. You will not get a job going in cold in this market. You absolutely have to have an internal champion working on your behalf.

Ian is right. I think he gave me this advice when I was laid off in April. I am now making more money and have better benefits than what I had before.

But I also wanted to send some pixie dust. Yes, you will have a chance to find something even better than your last job. But when you are first laid off it is a shock! I hope that everything goes as well as possible for you.

Silver_Surfer
11-22-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks to All ! I'm really still trying to make the trip happen!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't know what you do for work, but make sure you utilize Employment agencies. They have the inside track on a lot of positions that never get posted in newspapers etc. Good luck and I'm really hoping you'll still be able to make your trip.
I loved visiting your island. It was so beautiful. I'd love to go back there!

amd780
11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm with you - my last day of work was Friday due to a cutback in Admin staff at my company. Here's some :pixie: and prayers that you find another job soon, and that your trip happens as planned! :mickey:

goofy for pluto
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Good luck in your search for a new position. :tink:
I hope that everything works out for you and you can still take your vacation. :mickey: