PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parking question

lovemykaitlyn
11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
:santa3::santa3::santa3:I know Christmas will be busy:grinch:, we will be there the 25-28. We are staying off property. Do you have any parking advice? I know to get the parks early but is there a strategy to parking? Would the TTC be a good idea? Anywhere to park to get a bus a good idea?
Also, if we leave midday, is it still a nightmare to get back into the areas and park for evening? Would it even be worth a break?
Thanks! :santa3::santa3::deer:

WDWdriver
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Each park has it's own parking lot with trams to the park entrance. You will be directed to a parking spot, and there is not much you can do to change that unless you have special needs. The TTC is not a separate parking area. It is the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom.

Don't plan on parking at Downtown Disney if you are going to the parks. Buses don't run to the parks from Downtown Disney.

As for leaving a park midday and returning later, you should be careful about this. During Christmas week it is possible for MK and perhaps other parks to reach capacity. When a park is at full capacity no one will be admitted, not even those who had been there earlier in the day. Check with Guest Relations for advice before leaving a park.

DizneyRox
11-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Oh, and make sure you ge there about an hour BEFORE park opening. During XMAS, I've seen parks reach that capacity by about 10 or 11am.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Also, you will not be able to park at the resorts because they will check for reservations, even for dining and then they will only give you a three-hour pass because they know people try to cheat the system that way.

Meteora
11-22-2008, 12:38 PM
We have always driven to the parks Christmas week and have never had a problem. The only thing to be prepared for is that sometimes in the mid-afternoon or early evening the parking attendants seem to have vanished, leaving you to find your own spot. That's usually not difficult, though. Christmas day will be crowded no matter where you go, so I agree that you should get there early and plan on staying. We usually avoid Christmas day entirely. But on other days during the week, we have always done the morning, then gone back to the hotel for a break and come back in the evening. We have never not been able to get a parking spot.
There's no strategy to it, really, just park where they tell you and bring warm clothes for the tram.

Also, make sure you follow the signs, not the other drivers. I don't know where some of them think they are going.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-22-2008, 01:26 PM
If it's like Studios, or even MK, probably headed to Cast Parking. Studios, specifically is both Cast and Guest Parking - Television.

Also, Chip and Dale at MK are Cast Parking.