PDA

View Full Version : Disney Purchasing Holiday World (Rumor)

Jasper
11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
First of all let me say that I am more than a little confident that this is not true, but there has been a rumor running around our community for the last week or so that Disney is buying Holiday World which is located in Santa Claus, Indiana! I thought it was fun because the rumor mill has it all worked out that the deal will be complete by the end of the year and that Disney plans on expanding the rides part of the park into an "Indiana Adventure" similar in concept to the park in California. The rumor mill also says that the water park part of the business will be re themed to a winter theme called Santa's North Pole Water Park.

Anyway, I just thought you would have fun with this one!

Scott C
11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Perhaps they will extend the monorail to E'ville. If so I see a career change coming. Actually I feel that Disney should come up to Holiday World--they could learn a few things

Thanks
Scott C

fupresti
11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I thought it was fun because the rumor mill has it all worked out that the deal will be complete by the end of the year and that Disney plans on expanding the rides part of the park into an "Indiana Adventure" similar in concept to the park in California. !

Yes, because when I think fun, I think Indiana :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
11-23-2008, 01:33 PM
That would be awesome, if it did happen. I love Indiana. I would be 100 times more willing and able to go there before California.

mac badger
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
it's funny how almost every state has some rumor going about the new disney park being put there.
much as i love disney, i would actually not like them to take over holiday world. we went last wummer and it was so nice and small and laid back-the opposite of disney. i like that there are still a few "mom and pop" type parks around

mcjaco
11-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Two words. Um, no.

I honestly cannot ever see Disney buying a park. With the exception of maybe a Busch park. There isn't a park that fits their mold to retheme, etc. And Holiday World is definitely not one of them. It's not a big enough draw.

wire0monkey
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I honestly cannot ever see Disney buying a park. With the exception of maybe a Busch park. .

That's going to be a very interesting question very soon. When InBev purchased AB, they said that they intended to sell all of the Busch parks.

It raises the issue of WHO they're going to sell Seaworld, Discovery Cove, and Busch Gardens to? If Universal bought them, they would have enough gates to really go head to head with Disney. If they offered a "park hopper" package for 4-6 gates (Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Aquatica), a "Universal vacation" would suddenly become a much, much better deal.

I can't really see Disney being overly interested in either Aquatica or Busch Gardens. They already have waterparks and an animal park. However, Seaworld and Discovery Cove might tempt them. Disney has tried out the "Disney Seas" idea in Tokyo. They could easily expand on that through Seaworld and Discovery Cove.

It should be interesting.

kemps@wdw
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Cool...if they monorail to E'ville, maybe I can hitch a ride to work!:funny:

MushuGrl
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I wanna think maybe this rumor has been around a while? I remember hearing it last year, around the time the rumor came about that Disney was building a park in Missouri.

That being said, there ain't no Santa like a HW Santa cause a HW Santa don't stop.

(I haven't been in a while and wanna go back.)

(And considering my bestest bestest friend lives your way, Jasper..that Monorail WOULD come in handy...)

Camping Mom
01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
it's funny how almost every state has some rumor going about the new disney park being put there.

I have a family member who swears that Disney is going to build another theme park outside of McKinney, TX in a very, very small town. Come on folks!!!

teambricker04
01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
But the biggest question remains... If Disney purchased HW, would there still be unlimited soft drinks???