PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast - Disney 3D

NotaGeek
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
It seems that Disney smart folk are working hard to re-release Beauty and the Beast in theaters in 3-D sometime in 2010 (as well as other films in the works)! Here's what I found on Reuters:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co, whose 2005 release "Chicken Little" was its first digital 3D movie, expanded its upcoming movie slate on Wednesday with a 3D version of "Beauty and the Beast" and a deal to make 3D films with IMAX Corp.

Disney has begun re-rendering in 3D the 1991 Oscar-nominated "Beauty" for a big-screen debut in 2010, bringing Disney's 3D slate for that year to 11 titles, Disney Studios President Mark Zoradi said at an event in Singapore.

The company also announced a five-picture deal with IMAX, starting with the 2009 release of Robert Zemeckis' "A Christmas Carol" starring Jim Carrey.

Hollywood studios began ramping up production of 3D films about a year ago to shore up theatrical attendance and prices because tickets for those releases sell at a premium. The coming bumper crop of those films may have trouble finding wide releases, however, because the global economic downturn has slowed plans by exhibitors to install digital 3D projection systems.

dmosher
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
... and yet I will be there for every one of the 3D films, economy crisis or not!
:pipes:
D

PirateLover
11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I would love to see B&B released in any form. The original came out when I was a tyke (6 I think).
I was in a really foul mood when we went to the theater and I can remember my mom crying when Beast was dying and I looked at her funny and made a snide remark. Now I'm the sap who cries every time ;)

LauraleeH
11-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Ohhh I am so there. I hate 3D...it gives me headaches and I get so dizzy...but Beauty and the Beast!!! :D:D:D:D

Ughhh but two years away :(

IamBelle
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
OMG! I have tears of joy!! Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite movie and I only had it on VHS, which I misplaced. Early this year, i finally got the dvd on ebay, but i sort of misplaced that too (i know, i'm not the most organized!) i can't wait until this comes out!!!!! ( can't misplace a theater!!)