PDA

View Full Version : Baby food sold at resorts???

PixiePrincess
11-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if the resort food courts have baby food items? We are flying, and think it would be easier to buy baby food after we arrive, rather than trying to bring it with us! If not, is there anywhere on Disney's property that sells it?

lockedoutlogic
11-20-2008, 11:19 AM
we haven't found alot of baby food items for sale at the resort gift shops (DVC locations).....however each of the 4 theme parks have a baby care center that sells plenty of baby food options....

i would advise that you pack some (you wouldn't want to travel without some reserve in a carry on anyway) and then stock up at a park when you get there...

Disney Doll
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I've never seen baby food in the food courts. I saw some Gerber 2nd foods in the gift shop at POR last month, but the selection was very limited. You are also likely to pay a bit more than you normally do at the grocery store. Have you considered grocery delivery, shipping a box from home to your resort, or just packing an extra suitcase? I shipped a box from home with diapers and baby food for our last trip, but I'm thinking that next time I'll just pack an extra bag and check it on the plane to save shipping costs.

Belster
11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I was at Pop lats month and they do have baby food jars and a limited selection of formula. The baby food jars are a bit expensive. Just a word of advice, I shipped two cans of formula and 40 jars of food to the hotel 10 days prior to my arrival. I am so happy that I did that.

oopsadaisy2003
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
We just returned from a week long stay including my sister-in-law with 14 month old twins and a 4 year old. She shipped a week's worth of diapers, food and snacks down the week before. I think it cost somewhere around $35. She could have checked a second bag but with all of the luggage and babies; it was much easier to already have it at the resort. When we checked in the package was waiting.

I did see baby food for sale in the resort but I didn't check the price.

PixiePrincess
11-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you for all of your suggestions...I will probably look into shipping it to the hotel--that's a very good idea! :thumbsup:

oopsadaisy2003
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Just a reminder to include your name, resort and date of arrival on package when shipping. We also marked fragile on box and double boxed the baby food in a shoe box. We shipped the plastic food containers.

eandrsmom
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
We are going in December, and decided to order from Garden Grocer. In addition to baby food, we are ordering a case of diapers, juice, and baby wipes. Since we are flying, it will make things much easier!

Magic Smiles
11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
We just returned from a week long stay including my sister-in-law with 14 month old twins and a 4 year old. She shipped a week's worth of diapers, food and snacks down the week before. I think it cost somewhere around $35. She could have checked a second bag but with all of the luggage and babies; it was much easier to already have it at the resort. When we checked in the package was waiting.

I did see baby food for sale in the resort but I didn't check the price.

For the shipping costs, you could rent a car for the day and go to the local grocery store.

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
I would suggest Garden Grocer, they will drop it off to you at the resort. Someone here has the link to their website for ordering. I have it on DBF's computer, but right now Im at work and dont have that address on me. But there is a form you fill out and if there is anything that is not listed on their form you can put it in the special comments section and they will be more than willing to pick it up for you and bring it with your order. :thumbsup:

Ropachs
11-25-2008, 09:02 AM
The baby food is in the gift shops at the resorts. I had to purchase some last month as I didn't bring quite enough. They carry only Gerber and there are only about a half dozen choices - the basics - and they are almost double the price. Definitely bring some from home, esp. different kinds like the blends. Also, we planned to buy Cheerios there and they did not have anything like Cheerios for sale, we would up getting something Kellogg's oat cereal from the Ohana restaurant and then settled on buying fruit loops.
Ship a box or, like we did, pack a suitcase of food and then use it for souveniers on the way back!

megustamex
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Also - don't forget, it is really easy to get a taxi at any Disney resort. And there is a Publix supermarket about 1 mile from the AK resort that I'm sure any taxi driver would be able to get you to. They were also building a Target down the street when I was there in October, so that should be open soon. So if you forget anything, you should be able to hop in a taxi and have them wait for a few minutes while you get what you need.

MonoMan
12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
How are you planning to get to your resort from the airport? If you were planning to take Magical Express, you may want to consider using Quicksilver Transportation. It costs a little money, but it's completely worth it, especially if you have young children that at times can be inpatient. We used them on our last trip, and as long as you tell them at the time of booking they will stop at a grocery store for 30 mins with no additional charge. You can pick up anything you need, get to your resort quicker, and also not have to wonder if you brought enough in your carry-on while waiting for Magical Express to bring your bags.