PDA

View Full Version : BC - Questions

Kelly
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm so excited - I just booked for May 09 and we will be staying at the Beach Club. I've never been to the BC - and it's the one area at Disney that I am least famaliar with.

If anyone can give me your experiences there, that would be super. I have spent some time perusing the boards and picked up some odds-and-ends but I would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

Do all the rooms have balcony's? Are there some room locations that have advantages over others? We will be getting in very late for first night of 7.

I'll be traveling with DD10, DD13, and DH - and none of them know where we'll be staying (surprise!)! DH likes to fish so i'm hoping to get him hooked up w/ something.

THANKS!

Mackflava99
11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
We love the BC- we have been there a number of times.

My favorite thing is the close proximity to Epcot-

Best bet is to either be closer to the lobby if you dont like to walk or further from the lobby if you like quiet.
All the rooms are nice-
If you get a room facing EPCOT you can see illuminations - or if its facing the lake you see all the boats and lights which is cool.

As for the resort- very very nice- the lobby is great- ART will be there to meet you.

All rooms do have a balcony- as long as you are not on ground floor. then they have a patio-

For kids, the pool is awsome-
sand bottom- waterslide, lazy river- super safe kiddie area, activities...
The 2 restaurants- Beaches and Cream and Cape may are both great.
The gift shop is very nice.

THERE are terrific fishing excursions ( look at my webpage) right outside the BC pool on the lake- you need to reserve them via the concierge or by calling ahead- ask for RICK as your guide- he is very good. we caught a ton of bass.

There are also 2 other pools besides the big one- the one in the Villas is nice too-

Not too much to say about it that is bad- If you need any more detailed info- let me know-Feel free to PM me

Kelly
11-20-2008, 03:21 PM
thanks!

Is there and advantage or disadvantage to the patio vs. deck? In my head I have some ideas - but they may not be accurate...

DH will be thrilled about the fishing possibilities.