PDA

View Full Version : Grocery store transportation

angie12210
11-20-2008, 09:32 AM
We are using the Magical Express from the airport to All Star Music. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as how to get to a grocery store and how much this transportation would cost? I know I can take the Disney transportation to DTD but I can't get a clear answer on how far I would be hiking to get to Goodings. We probably won't be arriving at ASM until somewhere between 9 and 10pm.

dolphinmickey9170
11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Why not use a grocery delivery service. The cost of the taxi vs the cost of delivery, ease and convenience is well worth the service. We use garden grocer and have never had a problem. Your refrigables are kept cold for you if your groceries arrive before you do. You can PM if you would like with any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them, but here are some pieces of info.

The minimum is $40 and the delivery fee is $12. It was well worth it for us to do this. We didn't have to get the taxi, leave the resort, go through the busy store to find all your items, fight through the check out, back to the taxi, back to the resort.

You set up everything on line, pay be credit card, they do all the shopping, delivery to your resort and then bell services will bring them to your room upon your request. I would suggest setting up delivery to be close to the same time as your arrival.

It's a great service and the prices are not outrageous.

faline
11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I would also recommend that you look into using a grocery delivery service. Several are available in the area.

KylesMom
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I would certainly agree about the delivery service. Goodings is by no means close enough to DTD if you're getting a quantity of groceries. I can't imagine that walk laden down with bags of groceries and beverages!

Most reports of Garden Grocer have been favorable here on Intercot. If we didn't have a rental car, we'd use them! :mickey:

CleveRocks
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I've used Gooding's delivery service twice, and was completely satisfied each time.

Auroring Good Time
11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
another option that we have used is to rent an economy car for a day to do your shopping and then return it. I believe it is Enterprise that is on Disney property.

Beast_fanatic
11-20-2008, 09:51 PM
another option that we have used is to rent an economy car for a day to do your shopping and then return it. I believe it is Enterprise that is on Disney property.

Alamo/National are on Disney property.

CleveRocks
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
another option that we have used is to rent an economy car for a day to do your shopping and then return it. I believe it is Enterprise that is on Disney property.Yes, it's an option, but the two substantial downsides to that are the additional expense (as opposed to a $12 delivery fee) and the additional time spent away from enjoying the vacation.

wolfhog
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
I would say the trek is at least 1 mile each way, did it once - never again. It's surprising how annoyingly heavy those bags can get. Also Goodings isn't the cheapest supermarket around - getting a delivery as mentioned by others probably won't amount to much more.

laurenC325
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
We used garden grocer and they were great! They were on time and had everything that we ordered. Any questions you can pm me.