PDA

View Full Version : First Disney movie for a baby

Kairi_7378
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Last night, DH and I were talking about Christmas gifts for the little one and the topic of Disney movies came up. So, I wanted to ask the Disney experts, which Disney movie did you first show your kids and why did you pick that one? I am pretty sure that my first Disney movie was Bambi, which I saw in the theaters (back before VCR's were common in homes, I am old, LOL!)

cer
11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I think for me, my first Disney movie was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. You know, the one with the narrator and the book pages.

Even to this day whenever it get's really windy, we say it's a Winnie the Pooh Day because of the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.

I just love the music in there, too. "And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down in rushing rising rivlets, til the river crept right out its bed and rushed right into Piglets...."

"The wonderful thing about tiggers are tiggers are wonderful things, their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs..."

Yes, I think Winnie the Pooh was my first Disney movie. No one dies, no evil queens, no scary monsters, well, except for the Heffalumps and Woozels...:D

As for my kids, I don't know. We have had Disney movies in our home for so long, it's hard to remember - I think the first Disney movie we took the kids to in the theatre was Finding Nemo.

TinkerbellT421
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
When I was a kid my mom spoiled me rotten with Disney movies. I have atleast all of them in their origianl VHS form. I just boxed those away recently too! I think my very first one (or atleast that I remember vivdly) was Cinderella. Im not sure why but that is the one that I actually remeber seeing first. Then as I got older around 5ish I saw Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Bambi. But Cinderella is my first memory of my first Disney movie. Outside of watching Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh when it was the TV show on the Disney channel. I miss the older version so much! God talk about memories....And my mom just told me the other day that VHS movies back then for Disney movies were like 60.00! I couldnt believe it! Boy was I spoiled...:blush:

cer
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh and by the way, I am a pre-VCR child, too.

My Winnie the Pooh experience was in the theatre and then I had a book, that you could read along while the little record played.

And I also remember when microwaves first came out....:old:

....and there was no cable TV or remote controls for that matter...

I know, I know :offtopic:

birdsell
11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
He is 4 months old and was recently FASCINATED with the Genie in Aladdin. He stared and stared at the TV. However, he also started crying at the Beast's first appearance.

We did take him to WALL-E when he was 2 weeks old and slept through the whole movie, if that helps.

hokies4life
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
I think my first movie in a theater was Little Mermaid. I had just turned 3 years old. My most favorite movie ever. Then I of course watched the VHS over and over, and was overjoyed when DBF's parents gave it to me for Christmas last year :cloud9:. But thats all beside the point....

I also remember that The Great Mouse Detective was I'm pretty sure the first movie I saw ever. It came out a couple months before I was born.

:chipdale:

DisneyDog
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
How sad that I can't remember what DS's first Disney movie was! We owned a bunch of them already, so we didn't buy them specifically for him.

Does Baby Einstein count? That is owned by Disney. DS used to love those when he was an infant.

The first movie I ever took him to was Polar Express. He was 2 years old and he sat through the entire thing.

ASweetLov
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
To me it's the same as Cer. The first Disney movie my sister and I watched when we were in diapers was "The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" with the narrator. What a great movie! I have always loved Pooh and that movie, and as Cer said the music in the movie is great too!

mjaclyn
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
When DD was really young we let her watch some of the baby einstein videos. She loved the seasons one with the purple zebra. When she was a little over 1 year I started to let her watch the Wiggles and then a few months later Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Now that she's a little over 2 years old I let her watch some Disney movies...her first one was Dumbo but her favorite one at the moment is Cinderella. She also LOVES Snow White even though I think it's kind of scary for a little one. Here is a list of the movies she's watched:

She Loves:
Cinderella
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast

She likes:
Dumbo
Mulan

She doesn't like:
The Little Mermaid
Sleeping Beauty
Aladdin