PDA

View Full Version : Disney gift cards

mom2mickeyfan
11-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know where Disney gift cards can and can not be used at Disney World? Was thinking of giving one as a gift to a friend that will be travelling there and also as a gift for my family for our upcoming June trip.

Was going to buy them online because I do not live close to a Disney Store and they offer free shipping but it mentions that it can only be used in certain places at Disney World. I was hoping someone has some knowledge of these.

Thanks in advance.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
90% of the places at Disney accept the cards, including most restaurants, quick service, and merchandise locations.

Some places that usually can't are the stand alone kiosk, such as ice-cream vendors, balloon sellers, street vendors, street artists, etc. Essentially, if they are a participant they might not accept it. You can always ask before purchasing or even ordering to see though.

disneyfan328
11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
don't most of the snack places or stand along kiosks take your room key card to make the purchase though? If they do that I am pretty sure that you can use the gift card to pay on your room bill at any time during your trip. My kids each got gift cards from their aunt before our last trip and they didn't have any trouble using them but I believe that they were used at the gift shop at the end of test track and also at WOD in DTD.