PDA

View Full Version : RockinRollerMom's pretrip report 12/2-12/9

RockinRollerMom
11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
After reading and enjoying all of your trip reports for the last 10 months, here goes my first ever trip report!

Cast:
Me- 32yr old Disney fanatic. 14th trip to WDW.
DH-34
DD-8
DM- (I"m sure she'd rather me not list here age:)) Going to be with us from 12/2-12/6.

Where: CSR
When: December 2nd- December 9th.

This is the trip that almost wasn't. We have gone to WDW as a family 3 times now, our most recent trip being last December. After our last trip we thought that maybe for our next trip we'd try something new. After doing a lot of research on cruises, all-inclusives, New York, Washington D.C. etc. I said to my husband, " ya know we could do Disney again for a fraction of what these trips would cost us." Well the rest is history.

We are a family that loves themes. We put a theme on just about anything we can from birthdays to Friday night outings to everything in between. So our theme for this trip is things we have never done before. So for a bunch of WDW veterans, it will be a trip of firsts.

Some of the new things that we are planning on trying this trip:
- CSR. Our past 2 trips we have stayed at POFQ. We liked it there but we are definetly looking forward to trying something new.
-We will be on the DP again and will be trying some new restaurants, Boma, Cali Grill for the fireworks and Teppen Edo.
- MK. Jungle cruise, Tom Saywers Island, Astro Orbiter and Swiss Family Treehouse. DD also has an appt. for BBB for the first time.
-EPCOT. Illuminations, checking out the countries. We have done very little of world showcase in the past.
-DHS. TSM, and back lot tour.
-AK. The Nemo show, flights of wonder, Jungle trek, and Planet watch.

A lot of these things I have done many years ago, but haven't done since we started going as a family in 2004.

We are also planning on checking out the Boardwalk and either renting bikes or a watercraft. We are also hoping for more down time then we have had in years past to really enjoy CSR.

Of course we are planning on taking in some of favorite things again as well. We will be checking our the Osborne Lights, checking out different resort decorations, Soarin, and Rockin Roller coaster just to name a few!

Just the fact that I am writting my pre-trip report means that my trip is right around the corner. I am so excited! I'll be sure to write a full report when I get back!

DizNee143
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
sounds like a great trip you have planned there..hope you have a great time!! cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Sounds like fun. Have a magical trip.:mickey:

January-2007
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Hope you have a great time! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the report, have fun:mickey:

faline
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Terrific theme! Have a wonderful trip!

laward32
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I think you have a great theme going. I hope everything is magical. Can't wait to read about it when you return.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Sounds wonderful! We always make a point of adding "firsts" to each and every trip, along with the tried and trues. Great plans! Have fun!