PDA

View Full Version : Can I Bring?

DisneyFr33k
11-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I have been on 2 cruises (one Disney one Princess) and have heard conflicting information about bringing bottles of wine aboard. :wine: Does anyone know the rules? If I pack some in my check luggage, do I risk them being removed? I know there is a corking charge, but that implies one is allowed to bring it aboard....

WedWay Peoplemover
11-19-2008, 09:41 AM
yes. Wine and other alcohol can be brought aboard.

We called and specifically asked about this before our last cruise.

They want you to pack it in your carry on luggage so it won't break in your other bags during delivery.

There are, however, signs at the security checkpoint that will say no alcohol, firearms, etc, (which of course, got us scared) but just put your bag in the x-ray machine and you'll be fine. (with the wine, not the firearms, that is)

FaithTrustPixieDust
11-19-2008, 09:45 AM
They want you to pack it in your carry on luggage so it won't break in your other bags during delivery.

Since the airlines won't let you have liquids in your carry on bags, how do you maneuver this?

Pixie Power
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
You'll have to have it checked for your flight, but once you retreive your luggage @ the airport, just get it out of your checked luggage & put it in your carry-on bag for the ship.:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
11-19-2008, 10:30 AM
You'll have to have it checked for your flight, but once you retreive your luggage @ the airport, just get it out of your checked luggage & put it in your carry-on bag for the ship.:thumbsup:

But don't they have the tags you can put on your luggage so it goes straight to your room? If so, they we'd have to pack them in the checked luggage.

Ed
11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Simply don't use the tags from your home airport to MCO. Retrieve your own bags at MCO, transfer the wine into your shipboard carry-on bags, then apply the DCL tags. Assuming you're using DCL bus transportation, just bring your bags to the bus.