PDA

View Full Version : Miller/Tan Grand Gathering Day 7/Final Thoughts

LittleRoosMommy
11-18-2008, 05:27 PM
October 18-25 at WL

Cast: Me-34, DH-37, DD 4, DD 2

Well, today is our last day at WDW. :( So, after packing everything up and storing our luggage with Bell Services it was off to MK! We awoke this morning to rain, so after donning our ponchos, we headed out to the boat launch. We decided to let the girls choose what they wanted to do all day. So, MK it was!! After the quick trip over, we walked right into Main Street to find it nearly empty!

We decided to have breakfast at the bakery and then head over to Frontierland to see if we could get FPs for Big Thunder and Splash Mtn before heading over to Toontown to see the Princesses! Much to our surprise, Frontierland was EMPTY!!!!:cloud9: DD4 and I had gone down to City Hall to print out our boarding passes (for 10/25), while DH and DD2 had gone ahead to get FPs. Only to find out that it was deserted and there was NO WAIT for anything!!! We walked right up to Donald Duck for autographs and pictures!! It was great!! The girls got so much time with him and he was so good with them!!

So, we walked on Big Thunder twice, Splash Mountain twice, which DD4 LOVED!!! We finally talked her into riding Splash today and she loved it! LOL Then we decided to head over to Toontown since we needed to see Cinderella. I had also hoped that Pixie Hollow would be opening today, as had been posted on several websites, but did not have any luck there! Oh well! Just another reason to go back to WDW soon! After seeing the Princesses, we rode Goofy's Barnstormer and decided to head out into Fantasyland!

DD2 LOVES the Teacups, so off for another spin! Did I mention that the rain was just a hit or miss drizzle at this point and at 10:30am everything in Fantasyland was still a 5-10min wait! The girls wanted to ride everything again, so we were able to do all of this and more!

DD4 loves HSM, so we decided to head over to DHS to catch the new HSM3 pep rally that was debuting today. As we were heading out of Fantasyland towards the park entrance, we ran into the Fairy Godmother! DDs thought this was great! So, after a few pictures in front of the castle and some more on Main Street we headed into Exposition Hall to combine our photopasses. To our surprise Snow White, Chip and Dale, Pluto, Daisy Duck, Mary Poppins and Pooh and Tigger were all there! Talk about hitting the money!! Even though the only ones that we really needed to see were Snow White and Pooh and Tigger, there were no lines, so the girls got some more time with all of the characters! Just as we were about to leave, Pinocchio came in! What fun our DDs had playing Hopscotch with him! It was so much fun!! He was just hanging out playing with the kids inside Exposition Hall! It was worth everything to see the laughter and expressions on the girls faces while they were playing with him!

After finally combining the photopasses, we headed back outside for one last look at the Castle and our happy place! After saying goodbye to our "friends" we headed over to DHS. Since DD2 had fallen asleep by this point, we decided to take the monorail over to Epcot and then get the boat over to DHS. This was perfect! We got to walk through Epcot one last time and had a great boat ride over to DHS!

We arrived just in time for the Pep Rally! DD4 loved it! I have to say, I think I still like the HSM2 pep rally the best! Although, now that I know all of the songs from HSM3 I probably would love it as well! After some more pictures and an HSM3 photo shoot for DD4, we tried to find someplace for dinner. Although, the parks were not very crowded today, there were no table service places available! So, we decided to head over to FW to Trails End. We had never eaten here, but were going to give it a try!

So, after waiting on the bus, we made it over to FW in plenty of time for our ADR. This was our first time at FW. We really liked the openness and the cabins looked really nice! After a great dinner which was topped off by Strawberry Shortcake, compliments of our waiter for our Anniversary, it was time to head over to WL to collect our luggage and wait for our car to the hotel at the airport. After a quick boat ride to WL and one last look around the lodge, it was sadly time to leave.

We used Quiksilver to get us over the hotel at MCO since our flight wasn't until tomorrow. I have to say, we loved them! They were very prompt, efficient and helpful! We will definitely use them again in the future!

Final Thoughts: Overall, it was a great trip! There were a few minor speed bumps, but aren't there always. LOL Especially when travelling with a large group. Our parents even a month later are still talking about how much they enjoyed themselves and are trying to figure out another time that we can go back again. I think our DDs will always have great memories of Disney with their grandparents and DH & I will have special memories of watching our parents with our children at one of our favorite places. And being able to share this special place with everyone! It was so much fun being able to remember what it was like riding SM with my dad for the first time and then getting to ride it again with him now. And getting to show him how much fun EE is! LOL I think that is his new favorite coaster! I can still see the tears in my DM and DMIL's eyes as they watched the girls watching the parade and getting so excited because the princesses waved to them! This is something that I know I will never forget and neither will our parents! I have also been able to photograph almost every aspect of our trip. We have over 1000 pictures of this past trip, so our DDs will always be able to look back at them and remember going on vacation to Disney with their grandparents!

Thanks for reading my trip reports! I hope you enjoyed them!!

laward32
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
What a great trip report. I am so glad you shared with us. Sounded like lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

January-2007
11-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks so much for the trip reports! :mickey:

dtootsie42
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks so very much for sharing!! :mickey:

faline
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
You are so right to treasure these special moments with your parents and children! You certainly had a wonderful trip! I've enjoyed tagging along with you through these reports!

DizNee143
11-19-2008, 09:53 AM
sounds like a great last day at the world..definetly made the most of it!!
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it..so glad you all got to enjoy the trip together..i remember the 2 trips i was able to take with my parents and grandparents..great memories!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Just finished reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you all had a fantastic week.:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Mousefever
11-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I very much enjoyed all of your trip reports!

Amy

mouseketeer mom
11-21-2008, 06:58 AM
So sad when the trip comes to an end, but you're already trying to find another time to go back! That always helps. Thanks for sharing a wonderful report.

Mackflava99
11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Happy anniversary !

It was a great report- thanks for doing such a detailed job on it-