PDA

View Full Version : Is Eating allowed on DME?

princessesmom
11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Our flight gets in at 6:30pm. I'm thinking it is going to be around 8:00 by the time we get to our cabin at FW, maybe even later. This makes dinner a bit of an issue, especially with 4 children. Would it be possible to grab some fast food at the airport and eat it on the bus ride? Is this a bad idea?

BigRedDad
11-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't believe you can eat or drink on DME. We kind of found out the hard way when our 2yo DD dropped her apple juice all over the driver's chair. It was only a sippy cup, but it broke when it hit. The poor driver got all of his clothes very wet. We offered to pay for cleaning and everything else.

Seasonscraps
11-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I would just eat quick in the airport.

Beast_fanatic
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I'd also probably eat on the bus, or take some snacks along on the plane so that you aren't starving when you land and then you can eat when you get to your resort.

If you do choose to eat at the airport, you won't miss "your bus" as you aren't assigned to a specific bus. They'll be there and ready for you when you get there.

Tick-Tock
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Please be considerate of other passengers and don't bring smelly fast food on the bus! Eat quickly once you get to the airport.

speedmouse93
11-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I would just eat at the airport because they continuously have buses there for each resort

princessesmom
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice. We will not eat on the bus. Maybe we'll just bring bagels on the plane and then have a snack once we get to our cabin.

LandFan
11-19-2008, 02:26 PM
We usually bring protein bars or cereal bars or something that is not messy or smelly. This way we have something in our tummies but it is not an inconvenience to us or anyone else.

Mousefever
11-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Please be considerate of other passengers and don't bring smelly fast food on the bus! Eat quickly once you get to the airport.

Yes, it's already too bad that we are forced to bring our dinners on the plane. I apologize to those who have had to smell my Sbarro!

Amy

Piglet822
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
As a former DME driver I personally did not allow eating on the bus (if I saw it) because too many times I'd let people on board with a sack of food for the very reason you mention, it was a long flight, it's late, and there's little kids involved. No more. I've had to clean up the trash after too many people so I finally said no.
Maybe some snacks or bagels as previously mentioned and then a nice relaxing dinner at Disney somewhere :)