PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movie - Preferred Room?

disneyfan328
11-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Looks like this is the place we are going with for our upcoming trip (crossing my fingers anyway). is it worth the 15.00 to pay for the preferred room? It will be DH and I and our two youngest ages 7 & 9. Both the 7 yeard old and me have Ashthma ( sometimes it can be bad with humidity ect.) We stayed at All Star Music on our first trip many (MANY) years ago and we were in the broadway building. That walk back to our room at night or to get refills in our mugs left a little to be desired. Movie seems to be set up different though without buildings goign more straight back from the lobby building. They are more to the sides in a sort of circle? I just want to know if its worth it or money better spent somewhere else.
We were told that all of Fantasia is preferred, the Front of Toy Story and Dalmations as well. I am not sure exactly what the "front" would be though
Also are the busses at Movie really as bad as I have heard/read????

Any other opinions of this resort? We really just need a place to sleep/swim and shower.

How's the food court???

tnpoohbear
11-18-2008, 12:36 PM
We have stayed there twice in the Fantasia building and we loved it! The fantasia building is the building right next to the building that houses the food court. The front of the building faces the pool. It is a great location we walked right out of the building and you are at the pool. To me it was so worth the money! I have mobility problems and DS has arthritis so it was necessary for us! We never had any problems with the buses except maybe a little delay here and there. It depends what time of year you go I guess. We always go in either February or October and it was fine. You will love it there - it makes me feel like a kid again there especially the Jungle Book Building. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
I suspect (but do not know for sure) that all of the preferred rooms at Movies would be next door to the food court. I stayed in whichever building is immediately to your left as soon as you walk out the back of the main building through the food court doors (I can't remember the name) and being that close was absolutely fantastic. I don't think that any room in any of the buildings around the pool could be a bad room, at least as far as location is concerned. Staying Preferred is well worth the money, IMHO.

The only gripe about the buses at Movies is that, when catching the bus at the resort, you will be standing on the bus a lot, because you are picked up last and the other two All-Star Resorts will already have the seats filled up. I never experienced a full bus passing me by, only no seating when I got on, and since I am not old yet :) I did not mind standing. It really was not that bad, and considering the price we paid for the room, plus our building's location to the food court, we would go back in a heartbeat. If I had really young children, I may avoid Movies just because of the standing, but even that is debatable for me.

I eat pizza and hamburger nearly every day at WDW, so while the food court served my needs, others would have to chime in on the availability of other foods. The food court was busy every morning, and lines were to be expected, but we did not find them intolerable at all.

When all you need is a bed and a shower, this really is a nice place to stay in my experience.

prttynpnk
11-19-2008, 08:43 AM
The only gripe about the buses at Movies is that, when catching the bus at the resort, you will be standing on the bus a lot, because you are picked up last and the other two All-Star Resorts will already have the seats filled up. I never experienced a full bus passing me by, only no seating when I got on, and since I am not old yet :) I did not mind standing.

When all you need is a bed and a shower, this really is a nice place to stay in my experience.

I have to agree- we have stayed in Fantasia,Dalmations and Herbie and they're all good locations- the only reason we moved on to Music is the bus situation- not being the last stop was a nice change! :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
11-19-2008, 09:42 AM
We have stayed in the Toy Story building and the Dalmation building . . the two that flank Cinema Hall on either side. Both were considered Preferred rooms, and we felt like it was SO worth it. Toy Story (specifically Buzz building) seems to be closer because the food court and bus stops are on that side of Cinema Hall. (check out the property map Intercot has posted under the "resort" section)

We have been very pleased with the bus service both time we stayed here. We never waited long at the resort or when leaving the parks. We often rode with kids on our laps, taking up 2 seats instead of 4, but at least we were sitting!! Once or twice the bus was full and we couldn't get on at all, but there was another bus right away.

I don't mind being the last stop when picked up at the resort . . .that means you're going straight to the theme parks!! :mickey:

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a few years ago and had some horrible bus waits. In comparison, we have found All Star bus service to be much more efficient.

Tink#64
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM
We stayed at ASMo's our 1st trip, preferred room request, we were in Fantasia! DS's were only 4 & 6 & they loved this resort & the huge movie Icons! They were really big into Toy Story at the time & it was perfect! Oldest DS also has asthma, we always carry his nebulizer, now he has an inhaler. We usually fly so bringing his pillow would be inconvenient, but I bring along a new, zippered, hypo allergenic pillow protector and our own pillow case for him as well! This really seems to help.

ASMo's bus situation isn't the best, you are the last to be picked up & dropped off. That is the only negative with this resort that I can think of. But keep in mind, the mods have many bus stops, so I'm assuming this isn't much different from staying in one of those resorts!

We switched to Pop Century the next trip because it had opened only 6 months prior to our trip & we really wanted to give it a try. I'm so glad we did, it's now our WDW home! We love it there & it doesn't share busses with any other resort. But the busses alone wouldn't keep me from trying out ASMo's if that's the resort you'd really like to stay at! We just happened to really enjoy Pop & haven't had any desire to stay any where else since that 1st stay there! It's just so cool & DS' s are now 11 & 12 & it's a different story from that 1st trip as 4 & 6 years olds! For DH & I the DS's play a major role in the resorts/hotels we choose! We feel like it's everyone's vacation & we always try to choose keeping everyone's interest in mind. Good luck & I'm sure you'll be happy no matter where you stay! :mickey:

disneyfan328
11-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. we are still a little up in the air but need to decide by tomorrow.

In talking with others I was told that it is up to the bus drivers which All Star resort is first second or third. Is this not the case? Or is it just that is the easiest route so that is what all the drivers seem to do. I don't want to be stuck waiting all day or night for busses or stand for the whole time, but I guess we won't know until we get there. When we went last time we had 5 people. My husband almost always ended up standing as he gave up his seat for others. my oldest DD and I held the other 2 smaller kids on our laps but we saw many many people that do not try to condense their families into less spots to give others more room. Anyway we will definetly be getting a preferred room regardless at this point as I think its really worth it.

If anyone has anything else to add, please do so as we really need to decide between movies and music.

DisneyLoversx4
11-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Definatley go with the preferred room!