PDA

View Full Version : crowds

DIppy Dawg
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
We leave tomorrow. Anyone there now, how are the crowds and ho do you think they will be for the next week? We will be in the parks this Thursday thru next Tuesday.

Disney fans..
11-18-2008, 11:30 AM
We are arriving Friday until Dec. 1st..every other thread that I have read concerning this time frame state that it will be very busy...BUT we will be in Disney World so who cares!?!

Have a wonderful trip!:)

snuggs30
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
We just got back and it was packed! My mom is still there and she said it is getting really crowded. And they say the economy is down?? I seen nothing to prove that this past week!

SurferStitch
11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
A friend I work with was there last week, and he said he was surprised at how big the crowds were. Some days the ride lines were moderate, other days they were downright loooong. They picked that week because it's supposed to be one of the slowest, but alas, it wasn't slow at all.

He also said that they were able to hang out at MVMCP all night without wristbands...just couldn't go on rides. They even got into a show, but he couldn't remember which one it was (he loves Disney, but isn't very versed on everything). A CM told him that everyone can stay, but only those who have a ticket can go on rides. He said the party was packed, and with people getting to stay, I can see why.

DH and I know 4 different families that are going down next week, and a couple more going down the week after Thanksgiving, so I tend to believe it will be pretty crowded from now through the New Year.

Dyanna
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
We just returned this past Saturday night after spending a week there. Could not believe how crowded it was. Thought this was supposed to be a slow time of year. The longest wait for rides was Toy Story Mania, Test Track, Soarin, Peter Pan Ride & a few others was at 75 minutes. Cant see how Disneys economy is slowing down any thats for sure. Even the 2nd night of MVMCP was quite packed.

skadar2
11-18-2008, 01:58 PM
We just got back 2 days ago and we thought the crowds were pretty managable, especially with FastPass.

I would say that 80% of our ride wait times were less than 5 minutes. The longest wait time I saw was 60 minutes at both Toy Story Mania and Soarin. Virtually everything else was a relative walk-on. Even the good stuff like Everest, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder... walk on again and again. We even got multiple ride-throughs on Splash Mountain.

Surprisingly, I think the longest wait we actually stood in line for was Peter Pan at about 10-15 minutes.

I can't believe we used to wait in line for an hour to ride Pirates in the 70s.

kadesha
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
People I have talked to that are there now have reported low crowds.

We will be there Thursday-Tuesday also! Hoping for good weather and managable crowds. I do think it will pick up over the weekend though.

LauraleeH
11-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Went to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday and the wait times were pretty low...not that crowded at all. The Beaches n Cream restaurant didn't have a wait at all, first time ever! We've been there at 8:00 at night and still had an hour wait. Sunday at 5:00 or so, we walked right in.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't know where you guys were at but it's been dead here! I mean, really...it's been so slow! I think there is just a difference in what is considered busy cause I know we had low numbers.

Even the Streetmosphere at Studios had a hard time getting a crowd started.