PDA

View Full Version : Day at MK - Dogs to Kennel

Sportster
11-18-2008, 08:41 AM
My wife and I will be spending a day at MK in December on our way down from PA to Bradenton to visit my parents. We will have our two dogs with us and plan on taking them to the kennel at the TTC.

My question is, does anyone know if the dogs are allowed on the tram from the parking lot to the kennel at the TTC?

brad192
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Way, WAY back in the '70's my family had a dog that we put in the kennel, and they allowed us to have her on the tram as long as she was leashed & held onto tightly. Not sure if the policy has changed or not, but I remember she sure liked that tram ride! :D

Sportster
11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the info...I hope it's still the same. It'll save some walking!!
Our dogs like rides too. In fact, theres an amusement park in our area (Knoebels) that allows pets on certain rides...train, antique cars, boats and even the haunted house!!! They weren't (the dogs) too crazy about the haunted house.

WonderlandsMostWanted
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
If they can't ride the tram, you could always drop of the wife and dogs near the kennel, then go park and meet up with her back near the kennel, instead of walking the dogs across the parking lot.

DisneyDog
11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
We drove up to the kennel and then parked the car afterwards.

Sportster
11-25-2008, 12:52 PM
We drove up to the kennel and then parked the car afterwards.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me exactly where the kennel is located?

love2teach
11-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info...I hope it's still the same. It'll save some walking!!
Our dogs like rides too. In fact, theres an amusement park in our area (Knoebels) that allows pets on certain rides...train, antique cars, boats and even the haunted house!!! They weren't (the dogs) too crazy about the haunted house.

That's hilarious! I can't see my dog going on any rides-she would be way too overstimulated! That's a picture for you!:puppy:

joelkfla
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me exactly where the kennel is located?
At the TTC.

When driving, follow signs to the Polynesian. You'll pass the kennel just before reaching the Poly.

Specifically: After passing through the MK toll booth, keep to the right, towards the resort hotels (but be careful not to take the turn-off to Fort Wilderness.) You'll be turning left at the first traffic signal. The kennel will be on your right, just before you cross the bridge over the tram tunnel. If you reach the Poly, you've passed it -- pull into the Poly and ask the guard for directions.

When you leave the kennel, turn right. At the end of the road bear left. You'll join up with the MK parking exit, and as you're passing the Car Care Center (aka gas station) watch for a turn on the left for "Return to MK Parking."