PDA

View Full Version : Need just a little pixie dust for my DD

ckaranassos
11-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I was hoping everyone could spare a little feel good pixie dust for my 12 year old DD. Yesterday my DD was playing street hockey with the boys (that's my girl) and she took the brunt of a slap shot in the face. It had to of hurt really bad. Luckily, the stick hit her above the eye between the upper lid and brow. There was no damage to her eye and eye sight. But she did not bleed out- so her eye is nice and swollen and turning lovely colors. But for a 12 year old girl the appearance is more important than the actual injury (she loves the drama). We are going to send her back to school tomorrow and she is not happy. I said she could go with the pirate look, but she didn't find it funny. Oh well :cool: So thanks for any spare pixie dust for a good day tomorrow and a speedy recovery.

Marilyn Michetti
11-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh, my! That 's a hard age.

Actually, she might gain a bit of fame for this one. She'll probably be a subject of awe from the rest of the hockey team.':notworth:

My DD, at that age, wouldn't leave the house with a pimple.:D

mrsgaribaldi
11-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Poor thing. Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

DisneyBabies
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Here is some :pixie: and tell your DD to wear that black eye with pride! I had a similar accident at that age, although it didn't bother me to go to school with the injury. We don't always have to be princesses :D.

dtootsie42
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Tell her to wear her injury with lots of pride!!! If anything the guys will think the whole thing is awesome. Here is some :pixie: for a terrific day!

mouseketeer mom
11-17-2008, 07:52 PM
I feel for your DD. I remember being her age and what that felt like to stand out like that! Yikes! I wish her a speedy recovery, and remind her that after tomorrow this will be old news. She just needs to get thru tomorrow.

Stitchahula
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
:pixie:After the 10th time of having to tell how she got the shiner she will just be really tired of having to tell the story. I too was a tom boy growing up and had my share of bruises that I thought were so aweful but proved to end up being no big deal after a while. That being said here's some pixie dust for her.

TinkerbellT421
11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Awww! Sending pixie dust your way! I too at that age was a tom boy at times and had my princess moments at times! I was popular though back then because I wasnt scared to take a hit while playing tackle football or a baseball to the nose! (YES THAT DID HAPPEN) lol! Tell her to wear it with pride because she will be the funnest girl in school and the boys will think its awesome! They dont always like the cheerleaders! lol :secret: :pixie::pixie:

RedSoxFan
11-19-2008, 07:19 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Hope you DD heals soon.

SBETigg
11-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Ooh, ouch. I hope she has a good day and heals quickly. :pixie: :pixie:

ckaranassos
11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
My daughter is back at school and feeling better. Her eye seems to have almost every color of the rainbow on or around it. But she seemed to get some favourable attention at school. She was loving the attention especially from some of the boys :secret: (her dad wouldn't love that). Thanks for all your well wishes.

SurferStitch
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, caring attention from boys DOES help! ;)

When I was a senior I was a manager for the boys varsity baseball team with two of my friends. I got nailed with a baseball between my upper lip and my nose, and it bled a little (not to mention it hurt like a bugger).

Well, we all had a huge crush on the coach (he was sooo cute), and he came running and carried (yes, carried :cloud9:) me into the locker room to take care of my injury. I instantly forgot the pain. :blush: A couple of the players also doted on me the rest of the day.

Luckily I didn't swell up or turn multi-colored, because I had to go to my senior prom a week later. :whew:

Mousefever
11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I've heard that a natural product called Arnica can help with the bruising. Pixie dust for your daughter! :pixie:

faline
11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Glad there was no serious injury! I'm sure it will all be fine once she actually gets to school! Some :pixie::pixie: to ease the transition and heal quickly!

WDWFanatic
11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Hope your daughter is still doing okay at school with the attention.

I also wanted to say, make sure you take a couple of pictures of it. When I was 12 I got a really nasty case of poisin ivy, and while I was mortified at the time, my sister and I crack up at it now.