PDA

View Full Version : Air Quality: Fires

mousecraz
11-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Anyone know how or even if the air quality is affected due to the fires at Disneyland, some what, a great deal. barely etc. Will be there this week.

Sunshine1010
11-17-2008, 08:05 AM
....on another site, they state that Disneyland has significantly been affected by the poor quality of air.

2Epcot
11-17-2008, 08:45 AM
The air quality in the entire Los Angeles and Orange County areas have been affected by the fires. Many of the Orange County fires are within 15 miles of Disneyland with winds usually blowing to the west, towards the park. The high winds have died down some, which is good for the fires, but bad for the air, because the smoke spreads out over the entire area. Hopefully it will allow the firefighters to get the fires under control quickly.

NotaGeek
11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
The air quality in the entire Los Angeles and Orange County areas have been affected by the fires. Many of the Orange County fires are within 15 miles of Disneyland with winds usually blowing to the west, towards the park. The high winds have died down some, which is good for the fires, but bad for the air, because the smoke spreads out over the entire area. Hopefully it will allow the firefighters to get the fires under control quickly.

YOWSA! Thanks for this info Chris! I didn't realize the fires were so close to DLR!

Sunshine1010
11-18-2008, 11:08 PM
It's been reported that Disneyland is now clear.

Silver_Surfer
11-18-2008, 11:48 PM
How far are the fires? Any chance of the fires reaching DL?

NotaGeek
11-19-2008, 12:50 AM
How far are the fires? Any chance of the fires reaching DL?
Well, the fires would have to burn through quite a bit of city to get to the Resort, so it's kind of doubtful. The fires are burning in the more rural areas (with trees/ground cover to burn). The air quality/ash is more of the problem.

mousecraz
11-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Thats Correct, if the Fires were to reach Disneyland there woldnt be much left of the state of California let alone Anaheim. The City of "Disneyland" is not very far from the Big Pacific.

2Epcot
11-20-2008, 12:13 AM
The air has imporoved in the area. The official air quality is currenlty listed as "moderate" for most of LA and Orange County ... That is just below "good" in the index, so about normal. Most of the fires seem to be out, or well under control.

Blue Genie
11-20-2008, 02:04 AM
I was there on Sat and here is what they sky look when I took a picture of the castle.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Sleeping%20Beauty%20Castle/z8Nov15th016.jpg

It was bad infact only Mickey,Minnie and Goofy of the fur characters where out the rest of the fur was not and only a hand full of face was out. Princess,Fairies and Mad Hatter where the only other ones out of the characters.

NotaGeek
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I was there on Sat and here is what they sky look when I took a picture of the castle.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Sleeping%20Beauty%20Castle/z8Nov15th016.jpg

It was bad infact only Mickey,Minnie and Goofy of the fur characters where out the rest of the fur was not and only a hand full of face was out. Princess,Fairies and Mad Hatter where the only other ones out of the characters.
Thanks for the post! WOW the sky is really bad! I am glad the fires are under control! :whew:

tdhiatt
11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
We were in Disneyland from Sat thru Wed. Sat was horrible, it looked like it was snowing because of the white ash coming down. It was really bad. They closed down California adventure for a while and a worker told us Disneyland could close. It didn't end up closing. Sunday it was off and on. Then Mon, Tues, and Wed was great. The skies were back to blue. The closest fire was about 20 miles away.