PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club in October for non home resort?

TexasPrincessAurora
11-16-2008, 01:25 PM
How likely is it to be able to book at studio or one bedroom villa at BCV in October if it is not your home resort?

Maleficent's Dad
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
With the Food & Wine Festival going on, chances aren't great that you'll get into the BCV. They're hard enough to get at any time - the fall and the holiday seasons are especially tough.

But it doesn't hurt to try!!! And there are still some occasional reports of the waitlist coming through. So good luck! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
11-17-2008, 06:44 AM
It's pretty unlikely.....

but at somepoint law of averages will win out and 50% fo the people who have beach club as their home resort won't be booking in the same month....

as mentioned...the food and wine festival is packed at the DVC locations......and florida resident who own DVC doing long weekends really makes it hard for out of towners to get full blocks at that time

Simba's Mom
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
With the Food & Wine Festival going on, chances aren't great that you'll get into the BCV. They're hard enough to get at any time - the fall and the holiday seasons are especially tough.

But it doesn't hurt to try!!! And there are still some occasional reports of the waitlist coming through. So good luck! :mickey:

Yup, unfortunately it seems (in my experience, at least)as if the BCV are the hardest to get at 7 mos. It's the only resort where my waitlist hasn't come thru, also. And last month, when I tried to tack on a day at 7 months, I had to waitlist (studio) and my waitlist did come through-2 days before my trip! FWIW, I just booked a studio for next October, 2 hours after my 11 month window opened. The CM said "Let's see if any studios are still available there!" Fortunately, there were, but I got the impression that BCV studios book up very fast for October.

ThanxForNoticin
11-17-2008, 07:01 PM
What we would recommend you do is make sure you get your rooms 8-11 months in advance at your home resort, then call exactly 7 months out for BC. It's not likely they'll have rooms for you, but it's not impossible. If they don't have availability, get on their wait list. The very worst that happens is you enjoy time at Disney while staying at your home resort instead - probably not the worst thing. Good luck. I hope that works out for you.

lockedoutlogic
11-17-2008, 09:10 PM
What we would recommend you do is make sure you get your rooms 8-11 months in advance at your home resort, then call exactly 7 months out for BC. It's not likely they'll have rooms for you, but it's not impossible. If they don't have availability, get on their wait list. The very worst that happens is you enjoy time at Disney while staying at your home resort instead - probably not the worst thing. Good luck. I hope that works out for you.

that would depend on the personalities involved and alot of other considerations.....

not everything is so black and white....or warm and fuzzy....

the idea of "settling" on vacation doesn't sit well with everyone

ThanxForNoticin
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM
that would depend on the personalities involved and alot of other considerations.....

not everything is so black and white....or warm and fuzzy....

the idea of "settling" on vacation doesn't sit well with everyone

I guess I never viewed this strategy as 'settling on vacation'. I am very comfortable staying at my home resort (OKW) at any time - else we wouldn't have made such an investment there.

It sounds to me that TexasPrincessAurora is planning to go to Disney in October, is a DVC member, and is hoping to get rooms at the Beach Club (not her home resort). I was just sharing how we routinely plan our trips, first making sure we have rooms at our home resort for the dates we're going and then sometimes having a plan to get rooms at a non-home resort 7 months out. All I was saying is that if we were in the same situation, we feel the absolute worst scenario we end up with is we'd be staying at a beautiful resort like Old Key West for our vacation. If a DVC member waits until less than 7 months out to make reservations, we lose any advantage of getting rooms at our home resort.

But whatever Aurora ends up doing, I hope the rooms at BCV might be available. It's an awesome resort, too.

TexasPrincessAurora
11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks so much for the help and suggestions! We'll do our reservations at SSR and hopefully get lucky and get in at BCV.