PDA

View Full Version : Best Club Level?

TexasPrincessAurora
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
We're trying to make a decision on which Club level to choose for my upcoming birthday trip. Just wondering everyone's thoughts and opinions...and any extra special magic the cast members might have shown.

jwallace378
11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
By "club level" do you mean concierge? We stayed at Poly concierge for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. Every morning, afternoon, and evening they put out a nice selection of food, drinks, and desserts in their concierge lounge. Only concierge guests are allowed in the lounge and it overlooks Seven Seas Lagoon for a nice view of MK and the fireworks. No waiting in lines for check-in/out either. You arrive and they whisk you away in a golf cart to your room. Well worth the extra money :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
11-16-2008, 01:19 PM
the polynesians is beautiful. there are some pictures on g. images if you want to check it out. We did Beach club concierge and it was really nice but nothing compared to what THIS one looks like.

ibrowse17
11-16-2008, 03:48 PM
We will staying club level for the first time on our trip in a few weeks. We will be at the WL, and are very much looking forward to it! So far, I have really enjoyed the advance services:thumbsup:

LisRich
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
We stayed at the Contemporary's 14th floor Tower Club level the past two years and absolutely loved it! We pretty much had the place to ourselves - since it's mostly suites there were far fewer guests on that floor so less traffic in the concierge lounge, and very quiet and peaceful. The concierge staff is very friendly and helpful, and we were always pleased with the offerings in the lounge. The lounge also has balconies providing spectacular views of the Magic Kingdom - perfect for watching the fireworks, in case your room faces the other side.
Although not an option in your poll, I have read many rave reviews on the concierge lounge at the Boardwalk, and am looking forward to seeing it for myself in just a few weeks! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
From our experience with several of the club level / concierge level stays at Disney, you should add Animal Kingdom Lodge to your list. We would definitely vote them our favorite.

JKins10169
12-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I, for one, am in love with the GF Club Level..I have only stayed at All Star Sports twice in my life, and have been to Disney over a dozen times.....it's beautiful and accomodating and you feel just like a princess the entire time you are there.

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2008, 09:42 AM
The Polynesian, we've stayed club level at a few deluxes, and hands down, that feels the best to us, the view from lounge, the offerings, the service. we LOVE it there!:cloud9:

Ian
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
We're trying to make a decision on which Club level to choose for my upcoming birthday trip. Just wondering everyone's thoughts and opinions...and any extra special magic the cast members might have shown.Can I ask why you've chosen Club Level? Is it just for a "special treat" for your birthday?

I ask because I would suggest you go into it with a solid understanding of what you're going to get extra for your money. When you compare Disney's "club level" accomodations to comparable accomodations in other resorts, it's really not worth it. In fact, that's why Disney no longer refers to them as "concierge" rooms, because guests who expected true concierge level accomodations were coming away bitterly disappointed.

Personally, I would steer clear of Club. I think it's a big waste. Spend the extra money upgrading your room to a suite or something or stay an extra day or two. You'll get a lot more for your money. The only people benefitting from Club level accomodations in Disney resorts are Disney's accountants.

My opinion only, of course. I know some people feel they get value out of it ... I just don't happen to be one of them.

Ian
12-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Every morning, afternoon, and evening they put out a nice selection of food, drinks, and desserts in their concierge lounge.Just FYI, my understanding is that this is no longer the case. I can't verify it myself because I haven't stayed Club Level in years, but all reports are that Disney has drastically cut back on their food and beverage offerings in the Club Level lounges and it's now just very, very basic.

Again, I can't say with 100% certainty this is true, but I would highly recommend that, if complimentary food and beverage service is something you consider important, you check with your Club host and confirm what it is that they're still offering.

Tinkerfreak
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
From our experience with several of the club level / concierge level stays at Disney, you should add Animal Kingdom Lodge to your list. We would definitely vote them our favorite.

I would have agreed with this until they moved the club level rooms down to the 4th floor. We used to love staying concierge level here because the lounge is excellent, the service was great and it was so nice stopping into the lounge to grab food and drinks. Now that the rooms are so far away we found we just don't use it enough to make it worth it to us. We were so far away from the lounge the last time that instead of stopping in the lounge to grab a snack and a drink we just went back to our room on our way back from a park.
If you are staying in one of the DVC rooms on the top floors then it would be much better and more convenient.

teambricker04
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Just FYI, my understanding is that this is no longer the case. I can't verify it myself because I haven't stayed Club Level in years, but all reports are that Disney has drastically cut back on their food and beverage offerings in the Club Level lounges and it's now just very, very basic.

Again, I can't say with 100% certainty this is true, but I would highly recommend that, if complimentary food and beverage service is something you consider important, you check with your Club host and confirm what it is that they're still offering.I am not sure if the cutbacks Ian is referring to happened recently, but last May at BC the spread was more than statisfying. Every day they had something different for dinner snacks. There was beer, wine, and pleanty of mixed drinks as well as water and sodas. We always eat breakfast in our room, so this was a great benefit.

I agree that with Ian that I probably wouldn't pay for it, unless my DH and I were down without our kids. We were upgraded last May at BC for our entire 2 week stay. We LOVED it... the concierge staff was excellent and helped us set up some ADRs, over all just very friendly and enjoyable people.

If I had a choice, I would probably try the Poly because I have ALWAYS wanted to stay there :) even though my heart lives at BC :) Good luck with your choice!

Ian
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I am not sure if the cutbacks Ian is referring to happened recently, but last May at BC the spread was more than statisfying.I'm pretty sure I read about it after that point. I wish I could remember where I saw it ... I thought it was on the boards here somewhere, but I haven't been able to track it down.

I was hoping someone else would come along and confirm/deny.

WedWay Peoplemover
12-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Deny.

All the club levels still have complimentary food and beverage in the lounges during certain hours.

The contemporary and Grand Floridian both have what I call 'concierge light' levels that do not have alcohol, however.

(the outer building 'sugar loaf' at GF and 12th floor club level at Contemporary)

Ian
12-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Deny.

All the club levels still have complimentary food and beverage in the lounges during certain hours.

The contemporary and Grand Floridian both have what I call 'concierge light' levels that do not have alcohol, however.

(the outer building 'sugar loaf' at GF and 12th floor club level at Contemporary)If you read my original post, I never said they didn't have any complimentary food or beverages anymore.

I said they had drastically scaled back as compared to what they offered before.

TammiMcMan
12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Deny.

The contemporary and Grand Floridian both have what I call 'concierge light' levels that do not have alcohol, however.This is definitely very old information. Both the GF's Sugar Loaf and Atrium Club at the CR have been full service for quite a while now. I want to say it's been 4-5 years for the GF and closer to 2-3 years for the CR.

As for cutting back, that has been going on for probably the past 10 years. Club levels used to have feature chefs from each one of the restaurants cooking dinner in the lounge, there were individual bottles of water, full desserts (not bite sized as many of them are now), freshly made oatmeal (now seasonal if at all), salads and "light" lunches (now most offer bowls of M&M's, gummy bears, pretzels and popcorn) and while some of that was to cut back on waste, much of it was to increase the bottom line.

It's a nice treat and if you know the details and still want to book it, then that's fine. Just don't expect a true concierge experience, it's why the name was changed to club level.