PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Question

TooGoofy
11-16-2008, 09:28 AM
We are taking my nephew, his wife and my niece to Disney with us in July. The only place that Anne (my nephew's wife) requested that we eat was Coral Reef. Dave and I have never been, and we have not heard good reviews, for the most part.

What is your opinion of Coral Reef, and would you suggest going there for lunch or dinner?

Thanks in advance!

droopy d.
11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
We've always had very good food and service for dinner at Coral Reef. I'm a very picky eater and can find enough to eat and walk away satisfied.

RockinRollerMom
11-16-2008, 09:53 AM
We had a great meal at the Coral Reef last December. We were a party of 10 and every-one enjoyed there meal. They have many other choices besides fish. We were celebrating my DFIL's retirement and found out that the Coral Reef will do presonalized menus. We contaced them and e-mailed them photos of my DFIL before we went. When we arrived there was a personalized menu for him with his photos on it. He LOVED it! I was told they also have divers in the tank that will hold up signs for you as well. We were unable to do this because we had a late ADR and they only did them til a certain tim in the evening.

Airblue1
11-16-2008, 10:00 AM
We had an excellent meal and my wife and I are not seafood eaters. It is very cool to eat and watch the fish swim and relax.

mainemajor
11-16-2008, 10:04 AM
We had a great experience on our last trip. The service was spot on and the food was sooo good. We had a table by the aquarium and got some fantastic shots and video of the fish. I would go back in a heartbeat. We went for a late afternoon meal. I hope you enjoy your visit as much as we did.:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM
DBF and I were there in January for the first time (thank you DDP)...and we loved it there. Great food, great service...yes we do love seafood (being from NE and all its almost bred into you lol) but we had a table right dab in front of the tank which was awesome :cloud9: and we thought the food and service was great! The waitress gave me awesome stuff to take home for the scrapbook! She gave me handfuls of plastic dolphins they put on the side of glasses and about 2 dozen coasters that are so pretty! She was all about talking scrapbooking with me! lol! And she gave me like five menus! lol She was the best!

Simba's Mom
11-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm another one who'd recommend Coral Reef-one of my favorites. I've eaten both lunch and dinner there, and I prefer lunch because it seems calmer,less noisy, not as frantic/busy. I really like the Mahi-Mahi, not so much the Caesar Salad.

pixiegoose
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Coral Reel is our favorite table service. I love the lobster bisque and crab legs and DH loves the mahi mahi. Both times we have eaten there, we had a table right next to the tank. :mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
One suggestion... Do not go through the Seas exhibit before your TS meal. It was "overkill" for us.

bretski99
11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
We ate at the Coral Reef 2 years ago and found it to be fantasic!! I use the rule of thumb that people, in general, are more apt to post a negative review of something than positive, so I'd take the negative reviews with a grain of salr. I'm glad to see others feel the same way we do about the Coral Reef. We had an ADR for it, and even with that it took a while to get in, but once we were there we were treating like we owned the place.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
We also enjoyed Coral Reef. I'm not a fish fan, and had the best pork chop EVER while eating there.

The service was awesome, the food good and the atmosphere was neat, we even got to see Mickey go on a dive :mickey:

betteratmk
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
:number1:The Coral Reef is my husbands favorite place to eat in Disnye. We have always enjoyed our meal as our youngest son has always loved it. i really don't know why it gets so many bad reviews, it makes you wonder :D

buzznwoodysmom
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
We had dinner there last November. We had a party of 14 and we all enjoyed our meals there. It is a place that we would return to in the future. I don't recall what everyone else ordered, but I had the lobster soup and a steak and both were fantastic. I remember the desserts being very good as well. We had a great view of the aquarium and the service was top notch. I think you made a great choice. Have fun!!!

LandFan
11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
The lobster soup and the blackened catfish were fantastic! Looking forward to them again in about 10 days!!:cloud9:

DH now makes me make catfish about once a month...

Belle_0717
11-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I was never a fan of seafood so Coral Reef was never high on my list of must-eats. DH surprised me for our anniversary with dinner there.

Much to my surprise, there was an even amount of seafood and "land" options. I actually thought there would be more seafood dishes.

DH had the pork and was so pleased. I had the mahi-mahi which was excellent. The portions are just right and there was room for appetizer and dessert. The quality of food was superb - high on my DIsney list.

I was happy with our dinner. If this is the one and only time we eat there, it was a memorable one and I recommend it.

yjgirl32
11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I loved the Coral Reef. It was very relaxing. I can't remember what I ate, but I know I liked it- I beleive it was a pork chop- since i'm not a seafood eater. I too went for lunch and thought that was a great time to go, Good luck.

Bri
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
we tried coral reef in 2005 and we didn't like it at all. maybe there are different choices now but i thought for the prices, the food wasn't that good and the portions were scarce.

beckylovestink
11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I ate there in 95 and 06 and did not like it at all. We went in Feb of 08 and my parents wanted to eat at the coral reef. I said ok expecting to not enjoy it at all.
I have to say all of us loved our meals (there were 10 of us) and we all had different things. The NYstrip was delicious and the creme brulee was to die for my kids loved making the sundaes!

pixiesmimi
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
We ate at the Coral Reef in Aug 07. DH loves the aquarium and wanted to eat there. We were able to sit right in front of the tank. It was fun for about 15 minutes but then got boring because the same school of fish kept swimming around and around. We never saw anything different. The food was okay but not as good as I had expected and we had better at other TS restaurants. I had the chicken and didn't care for it much. I wish now I had ordered seafood or something else. I'm glad we were on the DDP because we would not have been able to afford it otherwise. Very expensive for what you get. We may or may not go there again, depending on what DH wants to do. It wasn't one of my favorites.

Natazu
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I love Coral Reef. The seafood is as fresh as it can be and they have the best dessert around... Chocolate Wave. The aquarium is beautiful and the service is great. It is a little loud with all the families bouncing voices off the glass though.

DH now makes me make catfish about once a month...You should come see us. Catfish swim right by the house.

LandFan
11-19-2008, 08:24 AM
You should come see us. Catfish swim right by the house.

Oh no! Jason would be jumping in and grabbing them all saying "wait, don't go, you need to be my dinner tonight and tomorrow night and the next night..." :D

Hope all is well with you guys and the baby!!

Tara & Jason