PDA

View Full Version : Help - Should I replan my Days at AK(Wed) and MK(Thurs)?

mrmcgiv
11-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Now that I have read more of my unofficial guide I see that it may be best to avoid the parks with EMH, esp AM EMH.

I have us schedule at MK om thursday when they have Am EMH and MVMCP at night (we are not going). We hit MK Thurs fro EMH last year and it was great but we left at 11, this yr we have NO HOPPERS! Will it be brutal, or is this enough of a low crown time that it will not be THAT bad!?

I have us scheduled WeD at AK when they have eve EMH. we plan to arrive a little late and take our time, have dinner at 8:20. last yr (may) we went to Ak on Wed at it was :mad:brutally crowded. So hard to navigate. I am thinking I should swap some days if I could reschedule dinners. I could swap Wed/thurs/Fri for any Combo, the other days are pretty fixed due to dinners and CP. What would you do? :confused: Avoid MK on Thurs anmd AK on Wed? Or just stick with it since it is a low crowd time. See full schedule below.........
Our schedule

12/7 Sun arrive - a few hours at HS - they have eve EMH

12/8 Mon - MK - move slowm get there by 1:00, stay until close at 11 (eve EMH) Late dinner at LT

12/9 Epcot Tues - we got a dinner res for LeCellier at 7:20 so this will probably not be changed

12/10 Wed - AK - have only one day here, planned to arrive about 12-1 and stay until 8, they have Eve EMH Dinner at Boma at 8:20

12/11Thurs - MK has Am EMH, so we have panned to hit that and stay at MK for the day. We do not have hoppers. Is this ahuge mistake??? Will it be packed. They also have MVMCP that ngiht. Our Dinner is 6:40 at CP so we will leave about 7:45 thru the party

12/12 Fri - -HS - Wanted to go late in the day but now need to go at open to get on Toy Story ride unless we can get on Sun at Eve EMH. Late dinner Dinner at 1900 PF

12/13 - Sat - Epcot We have the CP package at Coral Reef 4:00 (but I would prefer akershus - but no CP package). Monique Coleman will be the star so my DD will like this.

12/14 Sun nothing planned, dinner at O'hanas 7:55

12/15 Breakfast and a few hours in some park. Maybe Tusker House and AK. Fly Home

THANKS!

I

Disney Doll
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I've never been in December so I can't say what the crowds might be like, but if it were me I would leave what you have planned. It's so hard to predict this kind of thing and you can drive yourself crazy trying to get it just right. I know because I do the same thing every time. :blush:

Beast_fanatic
11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Based on my experience in trying to shift a few ADRs in the same time period (could not do it, and these were breakfast ADRs at less popular places), I think you're better off sticking to your current plan.

Rosemickey68
11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Our family went during the dates you have planned and the crowds were light. We also had the basic ticket (one park per day) and found we didn't need to get the park hopper.
I think what you have planned sounds fine.
It is one of our favorite times of the year to visit WDW. Hope you have a great time!:mickey:

mom2morgan
11-19-2008, 08:22 PM
and I've been worrying about the exact same thing! The problem is that I have lunch at Cindy's already booked. BUT I do have hoppers - so my plan is to go for the early magic morning to get a jump on things before it gets really busy, and hit as many rides as I can until lunch (late - 1:30 ish). After that, we'll see how it looks....I'm not to worry about the EMH, but I hear that they are letting people in for the party starting at 4:00 so I do fear it will get busy then. We MIGHT hop, but more likely we'd just go to Downtown Disney, which we've never been to before. Hee hee - maybe I'll see you there! I'll be the one with the dopey expression of delight ;-)