PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Salad at DHS

JasonH
11-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I probably know the answer to this one already, BUT, my brother insisted on me finding out for sure. We all know that the famous Cobb Salad is served at The Brown Derby. However, my brother thinks he had seen it sold elsewhere in DHS as a CS item. I certainly don't recall it being sold anywhere but the Derby. Anyone wanna help shed some light on this? After all, my WDW Guru title is on the line here...well, the title among my friends and family at least. :D

P.S. Only 10 more days before I leave for Florida to visit family for Thanksgiving and then WDW for some playtime!!

honeebee86
11-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I looked through all the menus and could not find it listed on any of them except for Brown Derby. For some reason I thought they may have had a cobb salad at ABC Commissary. Does anyone else know if they may have?

SBETigg
11-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I believe they have it at Starring Rolls or one of those CS places. I typically avoid CS at DHS so I can't say for sure, but I do know they sell it at a CS venue outside Brown Derby.

henry.james.s
11-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I've never seen it at any DHS location other than the Brown Derby. There are several restruants that have had a version of it..Puck's Cafe'..Grand Floridian Cafe' among them.

Natazu
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a Brown Derby exclusive at MGM.
Like HJS said, you can get it at Grand Floridian Cafe and Wolfy's. The one a Puck's is good but the sherry is a downer for me. I haven't tried the one at GFC because I won't order anything but the Grand Sandwich at lunchtime, mmmm.

Hammer
11-15-2008, 11:28 PM
A CS version of the Cobb Salad used to be sold at Starring Rolls, but it was not on the menu when I was there last month.

SBETigg
11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
A CS version of the Cobb Salad used to be sold at Starring Rolls, but it was not on the menu when I was there last month.

Thanks, Christine. I thought I'd heard they had it, but they must have stopped selling it outside the Brown Derby.

AuntLaura
11-16-2008, 08:10 PM
I've never seen it any place other than the Brown Derby. Its' a great salad. I like the way they julienne the greens - you never have to pick up a knife. I've never seen that anywhere else.