PDA

View Full Version : AKL pool view bunk room?

thejens
11-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Has anyone ever stayed in the pool view bunk room at Animal Kingdom Lodge? It sounds okay to me. Any thoughts?

BugeyedMuggy
11-15-2008, 08:26 AM
We booked a Bunkbed pool view, and when we checked in they gave us a king pool view. I guess you can't reserve a king pool view they are only available through a complimentary upgrade. I believe they are the same size room and in the same area as the Bunk pool views.

Anyway, to answer your question. The room was great. You could not see the animals from the balcony but right outside the room in the hallway there were plenty of windows looking over the savana with the Giraffes. On the 2nd floor there were observation decks with chairs and binoculars to veiw the animals. We did not feel like we were missing the animal experience at all.

I say the room was great, but I've never stayed at any other deluxe hotel. You can see by my signature, I usually stay at a Value. We had our most magical Disney trip when we stayed at AKL. We absolutely love it and any time we have the extra money it costs, we would stay here over anywhere else. Pool view room included.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 08:30 AM
We stayed in a savannah view bunk bed room on the Kudu trail. We say if we ever go back we would get a pool view room instead. We didn't see very much of anything from our room except dirt and grass and an occasional mooing animal. All of the terrific viewing of animals we did was from the big windows in the hallways and around the resort. The pool view is bright and beautiful. Without a doubt, that is how we would stay next time.

Darbylew
12-24-2008, 10:45 AM
We have stayed at the AKL and we had a pool
view room but it was with two beds no bunk
beds. The pool view was great. ;)
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH 2009. :D