PDA

View Full Version : Can I get food shipped back home from the Patisserie?

Marceline
11-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Has anyone tried this?

My MIL has requested that we bring her home some eclairs and cream puffs from the Boulangerie Patisserie but I am worried they won't travel back well with us on the plane, all smooshed in a carry-on bag. Nor was I planning on hiking the WS to France on the last day of the trip to ensure their freshness.

So, do you think I could ask them to wrap me up a few when I am there and pay the crazy shipping prices to overnight some creamy bliss to my MIL?

Would the Patisserie itself do this or should I tote them back to our resort and ask them to ship it out??

JPL
11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't believe Disney will ship it for you however you should be able to ship it from your resort concierge desk.

TheDuckRocks
11-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I don't believe Disney will ship it for you however you should be able to ship it from your resort concierge desk.

My understanding is the resorts won't ship food items even if they are prepackaged, but I could be mistaken.

wdwfansince75
11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Our experience of shipping delicate goodies is that what arrives is not what you wanted...or at least not in the condition you desired....But....professionals can ship almost anything....or do it the easy way....get them to give you an empty box (or get a full box, and consume the contents).....once home, go to your favorite bakery, and get eclairs and cream puffs.....repack them in the Patisserie box ....

ElenitaB
11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Kay is right: they won't ship perishable items (and that even includes prepackaged chocolates in the summer months). Your best bet is to ask them to pack them carefully in a box and bring them home with you on the plane.

ILoveLegos
11-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I have to add my experience with school bread from the Norwegian Bakery. I bought one at the last possible minute as I exited Epcot for my plane ride home. I gingerly carried my treasure onto Disney's ME - it sat in its own little clam-shell box inside a disney bag. I craddled it on every turn and bump. I carefully attached it to the top of my rolling check-on luggage and I proceeded over to the "Mall" area of MCO. Then I passed the Krispy Kreme donuts inadvertantly and that got me thinking... what am I waiting for? - I should be eating my school bread! So I did, right there in the food court with a little carton of milk. YUM!
Hopefully you can actually make it to your final destination with your eclairs and pastries! :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
11-16-2008, 01:11 PM
When shipping delicate pastries . . .

. . . FRAGILE, means catch it when you throw it
. . . THIS END UP, means down
. . . FRESH, means the shipping clerk jokes with you
. . . PERISHABLE, means eventually

Marceline
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Okay so the consensus seems to be to forget the shipping idea, bring them back on the plane if I can..... but I might as well eat them myself and trick the MIL with knock-off eclairs.

Got it.:thumbsup:
Why stress about cream puffs. :silly:

wdwfansince75
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Okay so the consensus seems to be to forget the shipping idea, bring them back on the plane if I can..... but I might as well eat them myself and trick the MIL with knock-off eclairs.

Got it.:thumbsup:
Why stress about cream puffs. :silly:
Also, this will be your chance to get even with her for that piece of Play Doh she sent you on your first anniversary, claiming it was a piece of the wedding cake, recovered from the debris of the reception, and frozen for the year. Just switch the knock off eclairs from the Krogers box to the Patisserie box.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2008, 04:23 PM
The shipping is a no no ...I've tried. I bring home pastries from Boulangerie Bakery on every trip. Some for the plane and always some for any immediate family members who are not with us. I get then wrapped well in a box and then place the box in a plastic Disney bag and carry them on with me. It's a nuisance but the pastries get home relatively unharmed and fresh. It depends on how much the inconvience is worth it to you. :mickey:

Aggie97
11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
This might be a crazy question, but the cream fillings of these pastries wouldn't cause any issues with the TSA's 3-oz. restrictions on gels, liquids, and creams in carry-on baggage, would they? :mickey:

Marceline
11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Also, this will be your chance to get even with her for that piece of Play Doh she sent you on your first anniversary, claiming it was a piece of the wedding cake, recovered from the debris of the reception, and frozen for the year. Just switch the knock off eclairs from the Krogers box to the Patisserie box.

Oh, I like your devious line of thinking.
There is whole host of things to "get even" with her about. mwahahaha:thedolls:
But then again.....
:goodbad:

Marceline
11-16-2008, 11:18 PM
This might be a crazy question, but the cream fillings of these pastries wouldn't cause any issues with the TSA's 3-oz. restrictions on gels, liquids, and creams in carry-on baggage, would they? :mickey:

Good question. Surely there is not more than 3 ounces of cream filling in these treats....then again maybe there is and that is why they are so delectable.

And MAYBE, just maybe you have stumbled upon the prefect excuse for me to duck out of this one with, eh? :secret: "Confiscated by the TSA they were! Tragic indeed." ;):D

Perhaps I should stick with chocolate covered rice-krispy treats, as they travel much better and are cream, gel and liquid free.:mickey: