PDA

View Full Version : Make your own light saber

JoDisney
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I saw this at the Tatoonie shop in Hollywood Studios. Is this also available in Downtown Disney? It is a "make your own light saber." You go along and take pieces and make your own.

KylesMom
11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes, there's a whole kiosk dedicated to making your own lightsaber at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney. DS has done lightsabers in each location. We agreed afterward that OUaT was a better location because you had some room to move & the area wasn't overrun every few minutes with folks exiting the ride through the gift shop.

thrillme
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
My son did this for enjoyment purposes only but we bought the product at Walmart. It seemed to be the same thing.

dmosher
11-14-2008, 07:42 PM
WDW has a little more to choose from than the version you buy in a store, and then your not giving Walmart any $$ which is a bonus in my book. I actually did this for myself, then brought it home, molded it and made a very realistic looking replica for a friend. May try to make another one on the next trip.
:pipes:
D

DisneyConvert
11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
On our last trip, my wife and I decided we'd each get one "big" souvenir, and this was my choice (despite it really having nothing to do with Disney). I built mine in Once Upon a Toy, and they give you a fancy "Jedi" pin when you're done! I'm not big on pin trading, but I am big on Star Wars, so this was pretty cool. It made up for losing my "Join the Dark Side" car decal I bought at the Tatooine shop.

beckylovestink
11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
we did this on our last trip. My son made a few for friends for future bday gifts. A unique gift that was fun for him to make

mouseketeer mom
11-20-2008, 06:45 AM
My son did this in the shop exiting Star Tours. He had a lot of fun doing so, and got a special pin afterwards. A word of caution..the CM asked him "Single or Double"..well, as an 8 year old boy, he automatically says double. Well, the light saber is massive. So incredibly long its silly. They had to tape it when we left the shop so it couldn't open. It would be a weapon carrying that thing around the parks!

mrmcgiv
11-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Just curious how much these cost and how they travel home...in a suitcase..on a plane? TJX

mouseketeer mom
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I believe it was $19.95. My son had made a double, and closed, it fit on the diagonal in my very big suitcase. I'm sure the singles would be much easier to get home.

azcavalier
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
It actually started at the Downtown Disney store, but they decided that it really was a better fit at Tatooine Traders. I talked to one of the cast members there, and he said that they opened it for Star Wars Weekends last year, that the line for the silly thing was about two hours long.

Can you imagine standing in line for two hours to make a plastic lightsaber? Especially when you can do it at Downtown Disney?

thejens
01-10-2009, 05:58 PM
It's not hard to take apart and pack, no worries. My only concern is that when you check out they give you a pin...when he asked my son if he was a Jedi or a Sith my son chose the dark side!!! :darth: