PDA

View Full Version : Summer AP discounts?

Bethanymouse
11-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Hello my friends! We are currently planning our disneymoon. As a gift for getting married in WDW, they provide us with AP's. As first time AP holders we have no idea about the discounts offered. We were hoping that they would offer one during our honeymoon and after checking out the historic discount information here on intercot we see that it seems an AP discount has been offered the last several years. My question is, what is the discount usually? This will be in the beginning of August to mid August. Do those of you with AP's ever go on the DDP? I am hoping that the discount is significant enough for us to stay at a deluxe for our honeymoon. Thanks for your help!

DizneyRox
11-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I think this year you ar ein luck. Recently, AP discounts have been horrible, at least compared to the good/lean years. They used to approach 50% off hotel rooms. With the economy swirling around the bowl right now, I expect discounts to play a major part in bringing poeple back to the parks. While all of this is pure speculation, the 7/4 deal is a sign that they are willing to get people in.

I don't agree with teh DDP at all, so I've never gone with it. I usually get the DDE that you can get as a AP holder which I have found better suits how we vacation.

hokies4life
11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
This is a great question because I was sort of wondering it too. I had another related question though, you have to have at least the AP voucher to book an AP discount correct? You can't be like "we plan on buying APs but haven't bought them yet but we still want to get the discount". I know it seems obvious but I just wanted to confirm it. Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
This is a great question because I was sort of wondering it too. I had another related question though, you have to have at least the AP voucher to book an AP discount correct? You can't be like "we plan on buying APs but haven't bought them yet but we still want to get the discount". I know it seems obvious but I just wanted to confirm it. Thanks!

Actually, you don't even have to have the voucher when you book it. You just book it. When you check in though, they may ask to see your activated annual pass.