PDA

View Full Version : Links in Signature Line

SBETigg
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Last year, I had posted a link to my trip report in my sig line and was told in an IM by a moderator that I had to remove it because it was a violation of TOS. I willingly complied, but pointed out that I got the idea from another poster who does the same and I thought it was clever. I was told that the other poster would be told to remove hers as well, but I see that she still has it in her sig line over a year later. I still think it's clever. We all like to read the trip reports. So what's the official scoop? Is it or is it not allowed? Thanks for clarifying.

dlpmikki
11-14-2008, 04:05 AM
If you are linking to another part of Intercot that should be OK. If the trip report is elsewhere (like a blog or another website) then it definitely is not.

SBETigg
11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
If you are linking to another part of Intercot that should be OK. If the trip report is elsewhere (like a blog or another website) then it definitely is not.

Mine was on Intercot and I was told I had to remove it, which I did immediately of course. Thanks for clarifying. Good to know.